Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A new version 0.4.2.6 is online and can be downloaded in our Repo (link in first post).
    There only is a single change:
    The xmltv.dtd file is copied automatically into the given output folder for resulting XML files.

If you didn't alter the output folder or already have copied the file over you don't need to install the new version. But it don't hurt nevertheless to install the new version...

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Not finding the link for the new version... Is it in the first post on this thread?

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Got it, thanks!
    I've almost got things working, but the guide I get is off 2 hours. It appears to be Eastern time while I am in the Mountain time zone.
    I've tried both tvguide.com and zap2it.com with the same result. I have tried both webgrabplus+ and the built in tvguide.com.
    The time compensation in XMLTV doesn't make any difference either.
    Any suggestions?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Any suggestions?
    Yes. ;)
    You have two different options to fix this. Both settings have to be done in the SetupTV tool, not in EPG-Buddy. All that you need to know about can be found in our Wiki:

XmlTv Plugin

Then go down to this line:
    Apply timezone compensation when loading tvguide.xml
    From here you can read how to correct the time offset in your EPG...

As MP1 and MP2 are sharing the same TV engine this guide is valid for both MP versions...

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    That got it, thanks again!
    Now I just have to get it set up to where it downloads automatically on a schedule. I think I see how to do that in the instructions with Power Scheduler.

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Hey, everything seems to be working now, except although EPG-Buddy is downloading new information as scheduled, it doesn't get imported into MP2 automatically, I keep having to do it manually...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    it doesn't get imported into MP2 automatically,
    This normally is working flawlessly. Did you configure the path to your XML file(s) correctly? And do you untick "Import new tvguide.xml" and tick "import files in new tvguide.lst"?
    upload_2017-12-22_7-9-5.png

The TV server is looking once per minute if there are new xml files to be found so this is nothing you can/need to configure.
    It will take some time until new grabbed data is imported completely. Depending on your system this may take more than 15 minutes...

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    It looks like it is working now, I was exiting EPGBuddy, but just minimized it yesterday. I also had to select the folder I created on my C drive for EPGBuddy rather than the EPGBuddy program file folder as the source for XmlTv.
    Thank you very much for your help on this, as well as MP2 in general, it is an amazing program and enables me to record the broadcast TV programs that I like so that I may watch them at my convenience!
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom