Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (3 Viewers)

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi, I'm using zap2it.com and listings are all messed up, wrong date even...
    This was working flawlessly a week ago, soooo frustrating!

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    it actually looks like everything is just off exactly one day, what should be on January 3rd for instance, shows in the guide on the 4th...

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Everything is correct again today, must have been a New Years thing...

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    In the dialog box it just says "error downloading page: the underlying connection was closed: an unexpected error occurred on a send."

It retries four times for each channel, but the same error every time an ultimately no new EPG data.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, my EPG ends on the 15th...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    EPG-Buddy did not support zap2it so you most likely won't get any help here in this thread for your zap2it issues...

But if you like to try EPG-Buddy as your EPG source for your TV guide, I can recommend TVGuide.com. It's fast, free of charge and delvers a wide range of lineups for nearly everyone in northern America (USA, Canada and Mexico).
    You can find the recent version in our Repo. A direct link can be found in the first post of this thread. The user manual will be installed with the program. It's best to read it before start using this app...

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    I am using EPG-Buddy, the Webgrab+Plus source, and zap2it.com as the website for it.
    I tried TVGuide.com as the website as well, but kept getting errors, whether I selected correct time in TVXML or not. Times would be right at first, but then get crazy as I looked forward in the guide. Zap2it.com had the times all correct once I selected time correction in TVXML.

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi, I am using EPG-Buddy. Using Webgrab+Plus to grab with it and zap2it.com as the website. It was working great until about 4 days ago, then I started getting the error and no new data. I tried TVGuide.com as the web page, but kept getting errors in the time in the EPG. It would start out correct but then get crazy as I looked forward.
    Selecting time correction in XMLTV didn't help.
    With zap2it.com as the web page and time correction selected in XMLTV all of the times were perfect until it stopped working all together.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    then I started getting the error and no new data.
    This is a known WebGrab issue. See here:
    problem with zap2it.com | WebGrab+Plus
    I can't do anything against this issue. You only can wait for the WebGrab guys to fix this. Once there is a new and working siteini for zap2it you can download the siteini from Webgrab forum and put it into the WebGrab- subfolder of the EPG-Buddy program folder replacing the old and no longer working one.

Do you tried TVGuide over WebGrab (not recommended as it is complicated and very slow) or direct from EPG Buddy? I'm no expert for US- TV (I'm living in Europe and have no access to any kind of US- TV) so probably @breese can help further as he's living in the US.

twinlove69

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2016
    Home Country
    Hopefully webgrab will indeed make a new siteini soon and get this going again. I have tried TVGuide.com as the website, but the resulting EPG in MP2 had huge errors in the time, regardless of whether time correction was selected in xmltv or not. I will give it another try though when my existing accurate data runs out on the 15th of this month.

Thank you once again for taking the time to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom