Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (3 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Could you tell me if I do something wrong ?
    Probably, but I don't know what. I've tried to reproduce your issue but I can't. Here it is working as expected.
    First tick the channel:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Then click on another channel in the middle list:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Now go back to the first channel:
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

After click on "Generate WebGrab config now?" the attached xml file was generated.

Here all is working as it should. Do you have some AV software running? It is possible that this type of software is locking some files (in this case the EPG-Buddy database file) and prevent other programs from writing their data.

Or something (other program, Windows Update,...) has changed the write permission of the EPG-Buddy installation folder that also would lead to such symptoms.
    This you should check first. The folder (incl subfolders and files) where EPG-Buddy is installed needs to have write access for "everyone". This is set as needed during installation, but probably something has changed this...

Attachments

• WebGrab++.config.xml
      538 bytes

mikhoul

February 1, 2018
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks after restarting one more time it begun to work, maybe one file was locked.

I will let you know if I encounter other problems.

Regards :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A new version 0.4.2.8 can be found in our Repo. Link in first post.
    It's a bugfix version, no new features added.

bbhaag

February 8, 2018
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello
    New here and I signed up to say thanks for dedicating your time and effort to this project.
    I'm using MP2 v2.1.3 and after a bit of tinkering with EPG Buddy I got it working with Tvguide. The hardest part was setting the time parameter in MP2 tv configuration to -6 hours to match up properly with my CST zone. At first it just didn't want to take but eventually I got it working. Anyway, cool project guys and keep up the great effort it's very much appreciated.

tnarraf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi
    thanks for your work on EPG-Buddy - it looks great - and will make things much easier

I am finding that it is not managing to match the episode/series numbers

I am using the external XML and think I have it all setup right according to the manual
    To try and debug further I have put only a few programmes into a testxml file and run it

See last Programme in file 'Casualty' can be found if I search TVdb.com - but is not found when running EPG-Buddy

I turned on debug but got not much more info in the EPG Grabber log file
    Is there a way to get more debug about what it found and did not match from TVdb.com ?

I have the channels configured to check for series info (see screenshot)
    All that seems to change is removal of &coding to replace with actual characters - but no series/episode data
    This was true when I ran the whole epg file for multiple channels and days

I attach the logs and xml files - I hope this is all that is needed to help - if not please tell me what I am missing or how to debug further

thanks for your time

Attachments

• epgbuddyconfigmapping.PNG
      epgbuddyconfigmapping.PNG
      423.9 KB
    • tvtest.xml
      7.4 KB
    • EPG-Grabber.URL.XML_1.xml
      7.4 KB
    • EPG-Grabber.1.log
      4.5 KB
    • EPG-Grabber.log
      3.4 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Not much time but had a fast look... It seems as if there is no information about the episode of "Casualty" to find in your input xml file. EPG-Buddy needs to have the episodes title to somehow have a chance to identify it. Better would be season and episodes number but this is something no EPG data source is delivering afaik. In the sample XMl there is only the series name and a short description. With only those little information it's impossible to identify the episode, especially on a long lasting series like Casualty. You can not search TVDB APi by description, only by series and episodes title... I need to have a look at the original XML file, but I'm pretty sure it simply is impossible to get useful information from TVDB as long as the original data source is offering such little information...
    Here is the sniplet about the Casualty episode in your XML:
    XML:
      <programme start="20180203202000 +0000" stop="20180203211000 +0000" channel="1">
        <title>Casualty</title>
        <desc>Alicia takes matters into her own hands when queuing ambulances put patients in danger, while new F1 Bea gets a rude awakening on her first day. (Stars: 4/5)</desc>
        <credits>
          <director>Fiona Walton</director>
          <actor>George Rainsford</actor>
          <actor>Chelsea Halfpenny</actor>
          <actor>Derek Thompson</actor>
          <actor>Cathy Shipton</actor>
          <actor>Michael Stevenson</actor>
          <actor>Charlotte Salt</actor>
        </credits>
        <category>Drama</category>
        <subtitles type="teletext" />
        <star-rating>
          <value>4/5</value>
        </star-rating>
      </programme>

and here is an example (one "The Simpsons" episode) from my own used XML (delivered by TVSpielfilm)
    XML:
      <programme start="20180214181000 +0100" stop="20180214184000 +0100" channel="PRO7">
        <title>Die Simpsons</title>
        <sub-title>Homerotti</sub-title>
        <desc>Homers Engagement als Sargträger endet mit einem verstauchten Rücken. Das fördert jedoch sein überraschendes Talent als Opernsänger zutage – allerdings nur im Liegen. Egal! Homer wird zum gefeierten Star der Springfield-Oper. Doch das bringt "Homerotti" nicht nur Ruhm sondern auch eine durchgeknallte Stalkerin ein... Gaststar ist Tenor Plácido Domingo.</desc>
        <date>2007</date>
        <country>USA</country>
        <length units="minutes">30</length>
        <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">18.1.</episode-num>
        <category>Zeichentrickserie</category>
      </programme>
    The major issue on your example is the missing "sub-title" tag that contains the episodes name... In my example the episode could be found because it has the series name ("Die Simpsons" in German) and the episodes name "Homerotti". With those information EPG-Grabber could identify this episode as season 19 episode 2 and added proper "episode-num" tag that could be read from XMLTV plugin (xmltv_ns is staring to count with 0 not with 1, That's the reason for the not matching numbers). But which episode is the one from your example??? To identify this episode you need to search all 32 seasons with hundreds of episode descriptions for the episode that has a similar description. Nearly impossible to achieve for a computer and nothing EPG-Grabber tries at all...

Often the sub-title tag is not used for episodes title. Then EPG-Grabber tries to split the title tag into series and episodes name. If a : or - or a few other chars is used for separation then it can be identified most often too... But this also is not valid for your example.

To make a long story short... the quality of your external xml is not good enough to be used properly. If you can not find a better source for your EPG data you can save time by disabling compare with TVDB completely. With such poor source data the compare can't deliver any results...

tnarraf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks for a quick response

I was assuming it could use the 'air date' to identify the episode
    I will have to see if Sub title is available in the original source - which it may have but be I ignored as Media Portal does not use it

thanks again for your time

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was assuming it could use the 'air date' to identify the episode
    The "air date" (means the date that is listed on TVDB as "first aired") also is not available in your example (nor is it in mine). EPG-Grabber needs to know something that is comparable with TVDB and can be searched by the TVDB API. The series name, the episodes name and the used language (the configured metadata language in EPG-Buddy) is needed to get a positive result. Without knowing the EPG data is in German it's hard to find "Die Simpsons" on TVDB...

I ignored as Media Portal does not use it
    Indeed this is definitely used by MediaPortal. The "sub-title" tag is read into the TV database as the episode name and will be displayed in the Guide.
    An example from MP2 (I know similar is available in MP1 too):
    upload_2018-2-10_22-39-32.png

You can see the episode from "Torchwood" is from season 1 and is episode 13 with the German episode title "Das Ende aller Tage" (original title is End of Days). Also this is MP2 the same is possible in MP1 for sure...
    The episode title "Das Ende aller Tage" is stored in this sub-title tag in the xml file and is read by the xmltv plugin..

fritzelly

Portal Member
    January 17, 2011
    Hope someone can help
    EPG-Buddy seems to be running fine - in the DOS box it looks like its grabbing all the data with lots of i's followed by n's

But in XML import in the TV Server program all I get is
    Total Channels imported: 5
    Total Programs imported: 0

Import status shows C:\Program Files (x86)\EPG-Buddy\TVGuide_1.xml:No (rest cut off)

And obviously the EPG guide is still empty - sure I'm probably missing something simple here

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm assuming you are using WebGrab+Plus as EPG data source, right?
    This problem could be caused by many reasons. At first, those I's and N's are a good sign as it means, the EPG data is grabbed. So the issue most likely lays in the xmltv plugin configuration.
    To help you we need much more information. I would need your WebGrab+Plus config file and your resulting TVGuide_x.xml files. Best is to archive (=zip) and upload your whole EPG-Buddy folder so I can check everything you've configured. If you don't want this in the public forum you also can PM me the archive... If you have configured an XML output folder outside of the EPG-Buddy folder, please add this folder too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom