Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (8 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's it, EPG-Buddy is dead, killed by the stupid av programs...

Without the possibility to explain anything my sourceforge project and account is deleted. I wrote them an email and attached the certificate from Microsoft that EPG-Buddy is no virus. But I did not have much hope it will lead to something.
    I only can ask you to complan on every Av company about those false positives killing free software like EPG-Buddy. And maybe a letter to sourceforge also may help...
    Every one who is using EPG-Buddy still can use it, but there will be no more new versions to download until this stupid AV nonsense is over...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Good luck to all of you and all the best. See you...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    We managed to find a place where we could host the Installer without constantly being marked as malware... So EPG-Buddy still has a chance to survive this whole madness. From now on you can again download EPG-Buddy. The download link is to find in our repo (link in first post).

PRW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Avast! anti-virus allowed EPG Buddy to run last night without problem. It had been quarantining it.

HtownWMC

Portal Member
    December 13, 2015
    Home Country
    I'm having trouble finding the download link. Is it the green banner button or is that an advertisement? This software is what's enabled me to continue recording my shows so please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I need the latest version to fix the TVGuide.com https issue.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      136.8 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Right now we have no "nice" download link for EPG-Buddy due to the massive "false positives" from nearly every AV program.
    We're working on a long term solution but for now there only is a download on an OneClickHoster available (as they don't care about Google rankings at all).
    The recent download link can be found in this (German) posting:
    EPG-Buddy ein neues EPG Tool
    As soon as the situation is changing to the better we will post the new link here and in the Repo...

Dwizzo

Portal Member
    July 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Thank you for this great program! Just downloaded it from your German hoster as it was not available anywhere else. I am in the USA and using tvguide.com, I have two questions:

1) Do I need to configure Webgrab+ AND Tvguide or just TVguide in the EPGData section?
    2) In tvguide.com under EPGdata, under the dropdown for "channel name in tv database", I only have a list of about 10 channels (my old favorites from using webepg). How do I fix this? I have about 100+ channels to map but am stuck at this part. Thank you

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    At 1) You need to only configure tvguide, if you only want to use it. If all your channels are supported on TVGuide you don't need anything else...

At 2) If you have channel groups configured in your TV Engine only those channels are listed that are part of (one of) the group ( s ).

You can do 3 things now.
    A) You can remove the "old" channel group from TV configuration. Then all channels are shown because no channel groups excerpt for the automatic "All Channels" Group are configured.
    B) You can create a second channel group that is not "All Channels" containing those 100+ channels you want EPG-Buddy to grab EPG for. Then the channels from both, your old group and the new one are shown.
    C) You can configure EPG-Buddy to use the "manual" mode, then you can configure everything as you like but with a little bit more work...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New download link in first post and in our Repo.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 0.5.0.1 is available.
    New database mode support for NextPVR. New version of WebGrab+Plus with all new siteini files. Best is to remove all siteini files from Webgrab subfolder of the EPG-Buddy installation folder before upgrading.
    Some small fixes and improvements so the new version is useful for everyone..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom