Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (3 Viewers)

barry burnett

Portal Member
August 4, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yes, you need to import the EPG data into your external player, if it is possible at all.. I don't know what you are using there. Here it is all about using MediaPortal as player, no external ones...
It must be clearly possible as I have 50 percent epg there (external player)already !!
Maybe there is some other xml file I am missing ?

barry burnett

Portal Member
August 4, 2019
Home Country
Maybe this should have been my first question,, but,, are the tvguide.xml files located in epgbuddy the only xml files that carry the epg data for the matched channels.?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    are the tvguide.xml files located in epgbuddy the only xml files that carry the epg data for the matched channels.?
    Yes.

It must be clearly possible as I have 50 percent epg there
    You need to look at the doc of your external player how to map channels to XMLTV EPG data... It seems as if 50% are matched automatically but 50% is not. So you need to map the other 50% by hand... Or you need to configure the channel names in EPG-Buddy exactly as they are named in your external player. Then hopefully it will match all the data automatically. But I can't tell you how because I don't know your external player...

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,thnx for the reply..
    ..however,,I do get this..I already have full epg in the media player tv guide which is loaded with the same channels from my m3u list...I also have already loaded this list into eg kodi simple client along with the tvguide.xml file in epg buddy folder and this gives me approx 50 percent epg..There are 4 tvguide files in that folder.When I try 1 and 3 I get guide for different sets of channels..I tried to combine the file but then I got no guide..
    Do you get what I am trying to do here.?
    Maybe the issue is in config I believe but its definitely working to a large degree..Im just trying to get full epg ..hope that makes sense.
    B
    If all is working nicely in MediaPortal why do want to import your m3u and epg xml in Kodi's Simple PVR addon? Just use the MediaPortal PVR addon in Kodi instead.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't see that is was about Kodi... Of course you don't need to do anything regarding to EPG in Kodi at all, if you are using the MediaPortal PVR addon...
    The Kodi "Simple" IPTV addon is exactly this, simple... No full blown TV experience.

barry burnett

Portal Member
    August 4, 2019
    Home Country
    If all is working nicely in MediaPortal why do want to import your m3u and epg xml in Kodi's Simple PVR addon? Just use the MediaPortal PVR addon in Kodi instead.
    Yes I suppose I can do this altho the kodi ref was just an example..However,, I specifically use Perfect Player.
    Its also more about understanding where the missing step is in my project so I can use just about any iptv app.

barry burnett

Portal Member
    August 4, 2019
    Home Country
    Hi.

Yes.

You need to look at the doc of your external player how to map channels to XMLTV EPG data... It seems as if 50% are matched automatically but 50% is not. So you need to map the other 50% by hand... Or you need to configure the channel names in EPG-Buddy exactly as they are named in your external player. Then hopefully it will match all the data automatically. But I can't tell you how because I don't know your external player...
    As stated above,,the channels are already fully mapped as I get full epg in the internal player.
    Initially I thought I was using the wrong files or at least not all of them..Since it seems that I am I will look more closely at my config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom