Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (6 Viewers)

onetoomany

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
UK
Thanks Lehmden,

Still not having any success. BBC.co.uk just gives me a list of timezones not channels (but this is just poor quality data from webgrab+); most others give SITEINI_NAME in the website selection dropdown, which, if I select, crashes EPG Buddy. A few more promising sites (e.g. tvguide.co.uk) gives me a good selection of channels, but instantly forgets if I ticked a channel (i.e. "BBC One HD Grab from: tvguide.co.uk) when I click out to the next channel - so nothing is processed when I run.

Regards,

Richard

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Having not had much EPG since the demise of Sky's EPG service
    For Freesat, there is a satellite radio channel that transmits the EPG for Freesat TV and radio. You can configure this in "TV Server Config" in the "DVB EPG" section.

You may be wanting the more-detailed EPG info provided by some other EPG providers, but the Freesat EPG provides an "emergency backup" if you cannot get any of the others to work.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

barry burnett

Portal Member
    August 4, 2019
    Home Country
    Hi.
    A new version 0.2.0.7 can be found in first post.
    All issues encountered here are fixed now (at least I hope so :whistle: ). Aside this there also is support for a new EPG data source "epgData.com"
    For using epgData.com you need to enter a pin
    View attachment 184160
    After that you best restart EPG-Buddy as during startup the channel lists for TVSpielfilm and epgData.com are refreshed.
    Then the usage is nearly the same as for TVSpielfilm.
    hi guys, just joined the forum.
    I have a question .Is epg buddy used to turn my existing m3u file into an update-able epg link.?
    Im a realtive noob and its all quite confusing.thnx

barry burnett

Portal Member
    August 4, 2019
    Home Country
    I used XMLTVGUI, it supports XML merging and was able to do it.
    Hi,
    this is exactly what im trying solve. I tried to install xmltv gui but im using MP1. Which folder do I save listing to as I dont have the wiki suggested folder.!
    I want to use the portal and epg buddy to grab and map channels from my m3u to then use externally.
    I just dont know which of the tvguide files is the right one.Is there some master file generated somewhere.?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You seems to mix up things a bit. A m3u Playlist can be imported into MP TV engine by using IPTV as TV source. This has nothing to do with EPG (Electronic Program Guide, a set of information about what's airing on the channel at which time) and/or EPG-Buddy.
    Once you are able to watch the channels from your playlist (see the Wiki -> IPTV for how to do so) you then can add EPG data to your already existing channels. As example in your m3u playlist you have a link to a stream that shows the program of BBC1. Now you must add this URL (together with all the other URL for all the other channels) to the TV Server by importing your m3u. When done, you are able to watch BBC1 in Media Portal already. But you don't see which program is airing on BBC1 in MediaPortal. To change this you then add an EPG data source holding the programs of BBC1 to your BBC1 channel in MediaPortal. One of the possible EPG data sources is EPG-Buddy. When you have done this, you will see what's airing now and (depending on the source for some days or even weeks) in future,. This is what's EPG is about...

barry burnett

Portal Member
    August 4, 2019
    Home Country
    Hi.
    You seems to mix up things a bit. A m3u Playlist can be imported into MP TV engine by using IPTV as TV source. This has nothing to do with EPG (Electronic Program Guide, a set of information about what's airing on the channel at which time) and/or EPG-Buddy.
    Once you are able to watch the channels from your playlist (see the Wiki -> IPTV for how to do so) you then can add EPG data to your already existing channels. As example in your m3u playlist you have a link to a stream that shows the program of BBC1. Now you must add this URL (together with all the other URL for all the other channels) to the TV Server by importing your m3u. When done, you are able to watch BBC1 in Media Portal already. But you don't see which program is airing on BBC1 in MediaPortal. To change this you then add an EPG data source holding the programs of BBC1 to your BBC1 channel in MediaPortal. One of the possible EPG data sources is EPG-Buddy. When you have done this, you will see what's airing now and (depending on the source for some days or even weeks) in future,. This is what's EPG is about...
    Hi,thnx for the reply..
    ..however,,I do get this..I already have full epg in the media player tv guide which is loaded with the same channels from my m3u list...I also have already loaded this list into eg kodi simple client along with the tvguide.xml file in epg buddy folder and this gives me approx 50 percent epg..There are 4 tvguide files in that folder.When I try 1 and 3 I get guide for different sets of channels..I tried to combine the file but then I got no guide..
    Do you get what I am trying to do here.?
    Maybe the issue is in config I believe but its definitely working to a large degree..Im just trying to get full epg ..hope that makes sense.
    B

barry burnett

Portal Member
    August 4, 2019
    Home Country
    I suppose what id like advice on is this,
    is it normal for multiple tvguide.xml files to be generated or is this setup dependent.? Or am I simply using the wrong xml file in the player.?
    Is it possible regarding initial setup to only have one file generated ?
    Is this related to different epg (grab)sites being used instead of one?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is it normal for multiple tvguide.xml files to be generated
    Yes, ist is.

Is this related to different epg (grab)sites being used instead of one?
    Yes, it is.

It's no problem to use multiple tvguide.xml files. Many Tv programs (TVMosaic, NextPVR, TVHeadend,...) are reading all xml files in a given directory. Mediaportal is using a tvguide.lst file which contains the path to the multiple tvguide.xml files. This .lst file is generated automatically by EPG-Buddy so you only need to point TVServer to use it... How to do so is described in the first post here (page 1).

barry burnett

Portal Member
    August 4, 2019
    Home Country
    Yes, ist is.

Yes, it is.

It's no problem to use multiple tvguide.xml files. Many Tv programs (TVMosaic, NextPVR, TVHeadend,...) are reading all xml files in a given directory. Mediaportal is using a tvguide.lst file which contains the path to the multiple tvguide.xml files. This .lst file is generated automatically by EPG-Buddy so you only need to point TVServer to use it... How to do so is described in the first post here (page 1).
    Thnx..
    So another question, ( sorry if these questions are rudimentary) even after using both files that give me epg data, I still have holes in the (external) player's epg. However there is full epg in the MP PLAYER. I know all the channels are correctly mapped..Any obvious reasons for this.?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any obvious reasons for this.?
    Yes, you need to import the EPG data into your external player, if it is possible at all.. I don't know what you are using there. Here it is all about using MediaPortal as player, no external ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom