Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (4 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You won't use MP for watching TV? Ok, this is very unusual and I never had any similar question here.
    You can't watch any TV without a tuner card. Even for IPTV you need at least the "virtual" tuner named "IPTV Source Filter". And the EPG in MdeiaPortal is for the TV you watch from within MediaPortal. You better may use a simple browser based tool or website to display the EPG for an external cable tuner, if it has no (proper) EPG build in. Or even cheaper, use a tablet with an app. No need for a full blown Windows PC only to display the EPG...

PN23

Portal Member
    November 25, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have just setup EPG-Buddy and am using tvguide.com as a source. The listings from tvguide.com are displayed, and the entries from my MP2 channel list are also displayed. I am creating mappings by selecting names from the drop-down in database mode, however as soon as I move on to another channel, the mapping I have just made is blanked out and replaced by ----------- again.

No matter what I try to do, all mappings are always blanked out and do not appear to be saved at all.

Am I do something wrong or is there anything else I can try?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    the mapping I have just made is blanked out and replaced by ----------- again.
    If you move to the next channel, the settings you've done for the previous channel are stored instantly. The -------- you see did not mean "there is nothing stored", it means "there are no more pending changes". As soon as you have changed over to a different channel (and for this you've stored the changes you've done) the next selected channel is to be worked on and the one you've done before is finished..

The channel names used in your TV database can not be changed by EPG-Buddy at all. Only the "XMLTV Channel Name" (to find above the dropdown), the name that is written inside the resulting XML file, can be changed. Ideally both are identical so the automatic channel matching inside the XMLTV plugin of TV server is working perfect. As the names inside TV Server database are fix and the names inside the raw EPG- data are fixed too you only can alter the content of the resulting XML file so both names match.

This is explained in this forum some times already and also can be found in the provided doc. You can find the doc in the "?" menu of EPG-Buddy.

PN23

Portal Member
    November 25, 2019
    Home Country
    Hi Lehmden,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for my confusion - I wasn't expecting any renaming to occur, but thought that once a channel was selected from the drop-down the selection would stay in the drop-down. I had not noticed that the channel selected appears underneath the drop-down box after selection.

I have added a couple of tvguide.com accounts and the XML files have been created as TVGuide_1.xml and TVGuide_2.xml. The tvguide.lst file has also been created and lists the XML files, and the DTD is also in the same location.

When I click on force import in MP2, the number of channels imported goes from 0 to 534, programs imported remains at 0 and import status reports "tvguide.xml; no xmltv file found".

I'm obviously getting something wrong, can you point me in the right direction please?

Also is there anyway to apply a different time offset/compensation for certain channels? I have channels in a couple of different time zones.

PeterMP

November 29, 2019
    Los Angeles Area
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Trying to use EPG-Buddy on a Windows 7 pro x64 machine. When the grabber is run in any mode (channel list or get the EPG), the following error is thrown:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EPG-Buddy>"C:\Program Files (x86)\EPG-Buddy\EPG-Grabber.exe" --get_channellist:tvguide

EPG-Grabber v0.81.327 (11/24/2017), c 2017 by lightshock
    Receive channel list from TVGuide
    Grabbing epg for one day to get channel list...

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Hour, Minute, and Second parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
    at System.DateTime.TimeToTicks(Int32 hour, Int32 minute, Int32 second)
    at EPG_Grabber.cTVGuide_com.Hour2Millis()
    at EPG_Grabber.cTVGuide_com.GrabEPG(Boolean Silent, Int32 intMaxDays)
    at EPG_Grabber.cTVGuide_com.LeseSenderliste()
    at EPG_Grabber.mMain.Main()​

[...]
    The EPG-Buddy logs don't show anything - they are just truncating at the time of the error.

EDIT: I just tried it from my office machine desktop (physical machine) and it did the same thing. Only commonality is they are both running 64 bit Windows 7.

I am seeing the exact same thing happen here on my physical Windows 10 Pro system using MP 2.2.2 and the latest EPG-Buddy 0.5.0.4. It's completely repeatable for me and always happens between the hours of midnight and 2am Pacific Standard Time (I am in the Los Angeles area). The workaround for me is to just schedule the EPG update outside of those hours. (I haven't yet seen the issue happening at other times, but I also haven't run tests against each possible starting hour.)

EPG-Buddy 0.5.0.4 includes a newer version of EPG-Grabber and there is an extra line in the error output from my installation. Note that the System.DateTime..ctor function name appears to be missing a tupple?

D:\EPG-Buddy>EPG-Grabber.exe --epg_from:tvguide --grab_epg --create_xml --run_e2t
    EPG-Grabber v0.110.214 (8/3/2018), c 2018 by lightshock

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Hour, Minute, and Second parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
    at System.DateTime.TimeToTicks(Int32 hour, Int32 minute, Int32 second)
    at System.DateTime..ctor(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day, Int32 hour, Int32 minute, Int32 second)
    at EPG_Grabber.cTVGuide_com.Hour2Millis()
    at EPG_Grabber.mMain.Main()

This is clearly a bug in EPG-Grabber.exe. Hoping @lightshock will see this report and have another look at the code.

(Peter)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Just want to tell, we are working on this issue. But I now can't give a time frame, when it's fixed.

PN23

Portal Member
    November 25, 2019
    Home Country
    Thanks for letting me know @Lehmden

I have worked around it in the meantime and written some chunky scripts to do everything I needed including channel time offsets that runs each time the xml is grabbed so I'm doing ok!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Also the above issue still is not fixed we have released a new version 0.5.0.6. This was necessary as tvguide.com has changed something on their service and EPG-Buddy couldn't download data any longer. This is fixed in the new version. An upgrade to v 0.5.0.6 is highly recommended for everyone who is using tvguide.com. The download link is in first post, as always...

sandiego1001

Portal Member
    January 24, 2020
    Home Country
    Getting these errors for TV Guide now:
    EPG-Grabber v0.121.18 (1/19/2020), c 2020 by lightshock

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at EPG_Grabber.cTVGuide_com.GetLineUpID(Boolean Silent)
    at EPG_Grabber.mMain.Main()

Help?!

sandiego1001

Portal Member
    January 24, 2020
    Home Country
    I think I got this error message when I was doing my update to the latest version. Do you happen to use Norton or some other strong antivirus? I had to try a couple times to get the various operations on its whitelist. I recommend reinstalling and rebooting.

I'm on Windows 10, no anti virus, no ad blockers, nothing. Issue started either 17th or 18th January as EPG last had entries for Jan 17th. I'm in the process of getting WebGrab+Plus running, it gets through to tv.com ok. Tried using the WebGrab option in EPG Buddy, though as it's so complicated I'm close to giving up on it all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom