Tools and other software EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage. (7 Viewers)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yes, i need to change the offset for DST and back to PST each year

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lehmden I have problems with grabbing epg from TvSpielfilm since few weeks. Download seems to be limited:

XML:
    <Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>xx</RequestId>
    <HostId>
    xxxxxx
    </HostId>
    </Error>

Logs are attached. Is there anything I can do here or do you need to workaround this?

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• EPG-Buddy_ Logfiles_06_06_2020-20_23_52.7z
      881.8 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Please read the German forum. The solution can be found there as it is a "German Only" issue..

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A new version 0.6.0.5 of the EPG-Buddy can now be found at the known location (link in the first post).

There is a new, free and fast data source for (almost) all of Europe available. This is the open source network Rytec. There are data for Austria, Benelux, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Great Britain, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and as well as the Caribbean, Reunion, New Caledonia and a basic supply for Africa. So even beyond the European borders ...

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    An der Datenbank ändert sich sonst nix? Ich meine, muss ich die Kanäle neu mappen, wenn ich die Version benutze?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    English forum here...
    The database will get a new table but this didn't alter any existing ones. So all you've configured stays intact. Only if you want to try Rytec, you need to setup channels that should get data from Rytec...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    One thing I forgot to tell about the new EPG-Buddy version. Excerpt if you use Rytec the genres now will be mapped to the "standard genres" from this list on Github:

This is necessary to get "colored" genre in MP (or Kodi or...).
    Sadly Rytec handles genres very badly so there is no proper way to identify what is genre and what is something different. That's why genres are not used on Rytec...

Personally I don't use genres at all, that's why I forgot about it, sorry...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A new version 0.6.0.6 is online now. There now is an option to en- or disable the genre mapping. Aside this some minor bug fixes are included.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wanted to reinstall EPG-Buddy as I had some problems with it. Now I don't know if I have to install WebGrab, if I want to use it also or is it included in EPG-Buddy.
    When I install WebGrab separately and select sky.de in the WebGrap+Plus tab, it doesn't list the as "sky.de", it lists as "SITEINI_NAME'. When I select it, EPG-Buddy crashes.
    What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      166.4 KB
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      177.1 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    WebGrab always is part of the main EPG-Buddy installation. If you install it separately you will have it twice and EPG-Buddy nevertheless uses it's "own" WebGrab...
    Generally spoken, WebGrab is the worst possible source (it is at least 50 times slower than all other sources) and should not be used if there are any other data source that can support the wanted channel.

This issue is introduced due to the sorting of the combo list. This should be there a long time already... I only used horizon.tv with WebGrab for a single channel. That's why I don't saw this issue myself. Horizon.tv is alphabetically before the table name "SITEINI_NAME" but sky.de isn't. The table name is a part of the SQL query result, to be precise, it's the first entry in the result. I changed the sorting routine (the one used now is slower a bit, but more accurate) so now the table name is no longer sorted among the data.
    Just replace the file in your EPG-Buddy installation with the attached exe and it should work again...

Attachments

• EPG-Buddy.zip
      874.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom