Tools and other software EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing (2 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    All channel names are exactly as delivered from tvguide.com. The program do not touch them at all.

WMEU CBS HDTV is Missing from the list
    It is available unter the "old" name "WBBM HDTV" if I understand this:
    they are being moved.
    WBBM HDTV to WMEU CBS HDTV
    right.
    You can use EPG data from WBBM HDTV for WMEU CBS HDTV easily. For this the mapping function inside EPG-Buddy is made.

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    so i am trying to run this it works but my problem is this the channel list in the web grab zapit.com guide is what i need for channels or i can find most my american in other list but can not find full channels. now as for my canadain list so why i asked for two place to put two users and two passwords in for tvguide.com is so i can get the channels i want to list now i have it set to grab from tvguide.com my canadain list since the tvhebdo.com does not have all i want for rich guide info, the american list of channels i seek is easier to find can we do something about this ?maybe there is another list i am not seeing ? problem solved would be two inputs for tvguide.com.. I am dealing with over 1100 channels so my testing takes longer then you guys here with only a few channels and my time is limited to say the least. the zapit xml channel list i have edited to my needs will upload a log file from my testing if need be just ask :) thanks for your time guys I do really appreciate it. ps i really like how the mapping works through this all just deal with it on epg buddy and the mapping maps it self on mepo !! sooo sweet!! saves a lot of time how ever i will have to fix all my channel logos no big deal for the result of full guide info i could not ask for anything more this is beautiful !! good work you guys!! seriously.. this has plagued me for many years this guide info . one last thing to ask if i have this much info how many days at max can i grab ? mepo doesnt seem to like any more then 100.000kb xml file seems to crash every time i try for more then 3 days ..but i do not want to cut back the rich info i like to see when browsing through my guide .. no problem if i can't get more I can configure a task to grab every other day or something like that ..

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mepo doesnt seem to like any more then 100.000kb xml file seems to crash
    First I have heard this....
    Do you have or can you duplicate and upload the logs?

asked for two place to put two users and two passwords
    The Dev's are / will be working on it... Just trying to make sure the default is working first

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    had to run it again but the zapit gathers no info so i ended it short let the next grab go and it shut down on it's own crashed ...?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    This is not using zapit at all.
    I see you have EPG-Grabber set to use TV Guide info.

What do you mean by crash?
    Is there something logged in Windows Event Viewer?
    Did you get a popup of a crash?

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    yes it does run zapit i watched it try i know the site is no longer there it says 4 retries then goes to the next channel and does the same so i clicked close on it then the next grabber pops up and starts for tvguide.com then it crashes after it runs the channel list . it popped up says there was a problem windows has to close the program so..... thanks breese maybe you can tell me what is going on here

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    i know it is trying to download info from tvguide.com i can see that in the command prompt window after it trys to grab from zapit maybe the log not showing because i had deleted the others and just ran it again and then gave you what results it gave me with the logs would you like me to try it again ? and upload the logs once more? should i uninstall the program and install it again and configure it the same as i have it now and try it again ?because my list come up exactly the channels i am looking for on both tvguide.com and zapit channel list thanks for the fast reply guys i need the help lol

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    The timeout Lehman was talking about I had this morning.
    Seems there are times when TVGuide is not responding fast enough.

When I did a Grab, I got an error. When I told it to do another grab, it completed.
    Try it again and if it stops, try again.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Zap2it is in no way involved here, so please don't use it while you are testing EPG-Buddy. Probably tvguide is blocking connections if there are too many at a time from the same account. As from your logs I can see you have used the WebGrab module from inside EPG-Buddy. This is not necessary for downloading data from tvguide.
    should i uninstall the program
    I don't think it is necessary. Only untick all EPG sources (Global and Germany) excerpt for tvguide.com in the USA tab. Then stop EPG-Buddy and after a few seconds start it again. Now it will download the channel list from your tvguide.com lineup and you can start configuring your settings for individual channels. If you want to know how, you can read here:
    EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom