Tools and other software EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Could it be timeout issue?
    Probably the tvguide.com server is overloaded at the time you grab your EPG data because all tvguide.com users are trying to grab their data at the same time... Maybe you can try to grab EPG at a different time. Something like 2 hours earlier or later or so. If the grabbing generally is working all should be OK from our side...

Successful grabs over here 4 days on both my providers
    Nice to hear. Right now we are working on the option to use more than one tvguide account at once. An idea how to circumvent the issue that tvguide.com not always delvers the same channel list we have too... When this is done we will release a (hopefully) last testing version here, before the next "official" EPG-Buddy version will be released.

piscdi

Portal Member
    March 17, 2017
    Minot, Maine
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Lehmden,

That sounds indeed plausible. I got home last night and EPG Buddy had performed a successful grab at the original time I set, so I am fairly confidant that your assessment is correct. As I have a daily grab scheduled, and 14 days of info requested, missing a day or two due to an overloaded TV Guide server is a non-issue really. I did change the grab time as you suggested to see if the success rate improves. I will report back if anything out of the ordinary occurs, but for now, I am EXTREMELY happy with your software. Again thanks to all involved. Nice job!!

PS For anyone using Media Portal in the US or Canada, your reasons for not switching to MP2 just got reduced by one; a BIG one.

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes very impressed with this 10 day grab with no issue. I haven't noticed a channel list inconsistency yet that I have noticed but I have only done a few grabs for each, I can tell you why possibly because the providers we are dealing with constantly move channels around add and remove slight changes mostly the southern provider north is very rare once in a while add something different . Maybe as epg buddy scans for list at the begging of the grab it could do quick download update before it grabs even if we the user have to adjust the channels through the grabber options that would be fine . We would see if a channel is not correct in the guide. As for the two or more providers option sounds great you guys ! thanks when you do put it in there . I don't know if the tvguide.xml is within epg buddy but would itnot be hard to combine and add to the main tvguide.xml info? I don't know how the inner workings of epg-buddy works yet I am sure with more time I will but for now I will do some more grabs today and see if there is any inconsistency . thanks again for for your efforts Lightshock, Lehmden, Breese

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    Thanks for the complement but all the glory goes to Lightshock and Lehmden....
    I am nothing more than a glorified tester....

I can tell you this..
    Its broken down into 2 parts
    EPG-Buddy - it grabs the channels for the provider/s you choose, imports the info into the database, and activates or deactivates them as you choose.
    EPG-Grabber - It uses the information from EPG-Buddy to go and grab the show/s information for the channels registered in the database.

When you set a scheduler up, it uses EPG-Grabber to this, there-by not changing any of the configuration information set by EPG-Buddy.

So, to discover new channels and or remove channels, you have to go into EPG-Buddy.
    My issue is that the Original grab of channels, all is good. After the restart of EPG-Buddy, some of the channels are missing and a rescan does not bring them back.. That is what they are working on.

Once again, thanks for the complement...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    We're getting close to it...
    The scheduler now has more options:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

and you now can add as many user accounts on tvguide.com as you need.
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

You only need to take care that you enter the right password in exactly the same line than the matching email address. After every email or password you need to hit "Enter" if you want to add another account (line). The input field only shows three lines maximum but you can scroll inside the list to enter as much lines as you need. So if you need 10 different lineups for your EPG data then you now can enter 10 sets of credentials and all 10 are used for EPG grabbing...
    All channels from all lineups are then show up in the EPG-Data > TVGuide module at once...

I need to adjust some minor things before I can release the next version. So stay tuned...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Here is the new version 0.3.2.12 for testing. If all is working as expected I only need to add the GUI part of the support for external XML files to get the final version up and running...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    removed the old one and deleted the leftover folders.
    Installed the new one.
    Looks great but still having a small issue with channel grabbing removing channels.

On the first grab, these 2 are found
    [2017-04-25 11:34:50,749] [INFO ] [GETCHANNELS ] [2 ] Add channel: WMEU CBS HDTV
    [2017-04-25 11:34:50,750] [INFO ] [GETCHANNELS ] [2 ] Add channel: WMEU Decades

When I sent to setup the channels and grab everything, they are missing from the list.
    EPG-Buddy_2.log shows them not there.
    EPG-Grabber.3.log sees the channels

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is something @lightshock need to look after why those two channels always got removed from the DB... Must be something special with this 2 channels, but I have no clue what this is about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom