Tools and other software EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have loaded the latest and greatest webgrab+Plus onto my server and have been doing a lot of testing.
    Turns out that in order to get a new channel list from tvguide, a number of steps need to happen in a very specific order.

The tvguide.com.ini (zipped up here), must get the Providers list first and change the WebGrab++.config.
    Once you have the providers list, you can then change the tvguide.com.ini to grab the channels list and you must change the WebGrab++.config to now grab the Provider you need from the tvguide.com.providers.xml.
    (while in the tvguide.com.ini, change the timezone to specify the timezone you are in)

Now you can tell WebGrab+Plus to get the channel info.
    BUG: The stock settings now includes grabbing Series info... While doing this Test, I had an exception within WebGrab+Plus

WebGrab++.log.txt Included
    <ahref="/help/show_article?conditions">Copyright©</a>1990-2017<ahref="/help?

<divclass="ft-copyfloat-right"><ahref="/help/show_article?conditions">Copyright©</a>1990-2017
    <ahref="/help not a valid ShowId!
    [Critical] Unhandled Exception
    [Critical]
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [Critical]
    at WGconsole.PostProcess.MdbScrub.GetMusthaveCompare(MdbIni mi, XmlNode show, String type)
    at WGconsole.PostProcess.PostProcess_MDB()
    at WGconsole.PostProcess..ctor(String[] processes)
    at WGconsole.Program.ConsoleApplication(String[] args)
    at WGconsole.Program.Main(String[] args)
    [Critical] For detailed info, see log file C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++.log.txt
    [Critical] Execution stopped

Ideas:
    While I do not know how far you want to take your application and support the U.S.A. grabbing of channel info, I do have ideas.

1-Create a separate tab for U.S.A.
    2-Ask the user what Zipcode they are in and make the needed change
    2-Run the Providers step in WebGrab and display the list to the user.
    3-Once the user chooses from the providers list, Run the channels grab from WebGrab
    4-There can be duplicates within the Channel list, WebGrab will error asking for the duplicate channels to be removed from the WebGrab++.config.xml
    5-Once the channels are done (including removing of duplicates), bring up the Channel Mappings screen.
    This Should complete the configuration.........

Now lets see if I can migrate this info into your application......

Attachments

• tvguide.com.zip
      3.5 KB
    • tvguide.com.providers.xml
      2.4 KB
    • tvguide.com.channels.xml
      15.6 KB
    • WebGrab++.config.xml
      22.3 KB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Seems I might have found a bug...
    If the TV database already has an imported list of channels and shows and you make a change to the channels / mappings, only that information is updated in the database.
    As such, if the timezone info from the first import was wrong, it continues to be wrong even after making the needed changes.
    Seems the TV database info for Shows needs to be cleared out Before a new import is done.

Deleting the database and starting over in SetupTV solves the issue..... most of the time

lightshock

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 3, 2008
    bei Karlsruhe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can use zap2xml on two ways. Username/password or lineup id/zipcode.
    The lineup id seems to be a collection of channels, but I'm not sure.

When I use the lineup id and zipcode, I can download the epg in JSON format.
    So I can grab the epg in a few seconds...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I have been using zap2xml but there have been issues with corrupt info coming off the site causing a lot of issues.
    When I have used zap2xml, I have it pointing to a file that calls a text file with my user ID and password.

While I have a tvguide.com account, I do not know how to use the user ID and password within WebGrab

lightshock

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 3, 2008
    bei Karlsruhe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are the corrupted infos from the site or from zap2xml?
    When they are from zap2xml than it's ok. Because I want to program my own interface.
    But when the site provide corrupted data... I can better drink a beer, or two :)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    corrupt from zap2xml
    Latest corruption was in the form of PG*VL, changing them ALL to PG fixed the import problems.

Using the Webgrab app (Ii finally have it working 100%) does not cause this issue

lightshock

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 3, 2008
    bei Karlsruhe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's good.
    So I will try to download the epg directly. I have a username and a password for tvguide.
    If I have a early version you can give it a try with you credentials

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom