Tools and other software EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing (2 Viewers)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So I uninstalled the application using the Control panel / programs and features.
    All access to this machine is with the One and Only user account (who is the Administrator)
    Before doing so I cleared all events in the Event Viewer.

First Warning Message: answered Yes
    Remove EPG 01.jpg

Second Message answered Yes
    Remove EPG 02.jpg

After completed. EPG-Buddy folder remains.
    Remove EPG 03.jpg

Task Scheduler after uninstall
    Remove EPG 04.jpg

Task Scheduler after using Delete function within Task Scheduler
    Remove EPG 05.jpg

I could not find any items in the Event Viewer for the uninstall.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Future Idea for ATSC...
    Seeing how far you have come with this application, I had an idea that would put it above all others seeing you understand the databases as well as you do.

Currently the method of matching channels in TV Setup is matched my Available channel names.
    A lot of the time, what is displayed by an online site vers a channel scan does not always produce the same results.

What does stay constant is the Channel and Sub-channel numbers.
    If you look at what TV Setup provides, the information is there... The channel and sub-channel number are stored at Major and Minor
    TV server config channels 01.jpg TV server config channels 02.jpg TV server config channels 03.jpg

Now either having EPG-Buddy Auto match by these numbers and what is supplied by the on-line source or changing the display from the current Channel names (in both boxes) to include both channel numbers, the TV Setup should have no issue auto-matching.

EPG-Buddy 01.jpg

Like I said... Just a thought....
    thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The final matching has to be done inside the XMLTV plugin. And here is no channel number only channel name available so a match by channel number is not possible without modifying this plugin. And this is, like all the other TV server things in code freeze since years.
    It would be great to extend the xmltv plugin and EPG-Buddy delivering extra data (e.G. a mark if the program is existing in the media library already, extra metadata like Actors, directors and similar) but this only will be possible after TVE 3.5 finally is available. Nobody knows when this will be...

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    When is the next one going to be released ?I agree a user defined setting for tvguide.com and zapit.com should be included and not just one because i can get all my info for both south and north providers on zapit or tvguide.com...and mine is set to grab in utf-8 xml..
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

<tv source-info-url="TV Listings Grid, TV Guide and TV Schedule, Where to Watch TV Shows - Screener" source-info-name="zap2it.com" generator-info-name="zap2xml" generator-info-url="zap2xml@gmail.com">
    <channel id="I73127.labs.zap2it.com">
    <display-name>71 DNREAL</display-name>
    <display-name>71</display-name>
    <display-name>DNREAL</display-name>
    i had these working just fine as one file but then i can't get both put together as one file with mapping it always gets messed up one or the other works not together . Not going to play with it again until the channel mapping feature is figured out to do in number form from names .. I tried to configure and map channels but epg buddy gets messed up after so many channels .. I am talking to start 2500 and after getting rid of the garbage i am left with over 1200 a lot of work to map hours and hours days, plus still have to grab some info off my genpix 1 dvb-s card, then in a couple of weeks i have to scan my channels again so the whole remapping process starts over again ... Way to much work at this point i have spent many hours at this , but it is coming along great with all you good people here working on it this will become the number one epg addon for mediaportal ! keep up the testing ppl ! wish I had more time to contribute to this I owe you guys big time when you get the bugs worked out . Thanks again mediaportal team and testers who have time you are the people who make this the most awesome media center tv software out there !!!!!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    When is the next one going to be released ?
    As told, nobody knows when this will happen. We're waiting since two years for the new version already and it can take another two, who knows???

The progress of supporting TVGuide.com directly inside EPG-Buddy has got far already. We can download the EPG data for the user's lineup only with his email and password entered. And the download is really fast. One week of EPG data is downloaded in around 20 seconds. But we need some more time to solve all errors still existing and for the integration in the GUI...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A first view of the TVGuide feature in EPG-Buddy. You need to create an account at tvguide.com (it's free) and set your matching lineup properly first.

Then you have to enter your email and password in EPG-Buddy (EPG- Source > USA):
    upload_2017-3-11_13-21-18.png

After you click on the "Save" button a connection to tvguide.com is done and the list of channels in your lineup will be read into EPG-Buddy (may take a minute or two, so please be patient). Now you can use EPG-Buddy to download epg- data from tvguide.com and import it into MP the same easy and fast way as with other direct supported sources like "TVSpielfilm" for Germany. The complicated WebGrabPlus configuration is no longer needed for tvguide.com
    upload_2017-3-11_13-20-25.png

A first test version will be available most likely next week.
    It was a bit tricky to get the tvguide.com lineup only with user credentials but we finally managed to get this working...

But we still need some "real live" tests if e.g. the timezone of the epg- data is correct and similar. Those are things we can not test from outside the USA, that's why we will need your help here...

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well that is kind of a answer that says we at mediaportal don't really care when or what you want here. And here we are testing it for you people and taking time out of our days to feed back info and request .. How about doing the same ? If you have no input then don't say anything thanks .. Here is how i grab data from zapit.com and tvguide.com and it works so there saved you a bunch of time testing to get this part of it figured how about someone who knows to take a look at it please and thanks .

zap2xml -z -u user -p password -d 7 -o tvguide.xml -g -U -T -r 8
    zap2xml -u user -p password -d 7 -o tvguide.xml -U -T -b -r 8

Now ether one of these works just fine for pulling the info anymore then week or two and it is to much info for the amount of channels i have so one week it is i can get ether one of these to work but i can not get them to combined even if i hand code these two together it only shows one provider's info for 7 days i need both maybe there is a option we can make in mediaportal to take two or more tv guides ??? this would make it much more user friendly for us all . in the next few weeks as i have time to spare i will try to see what in mediaportal tv server i can change to make this happen

bc420

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2012
    Bring Cash
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Great work you guys! This exactly what we need over here in Canada and USA.... This will be awesome to test this out like a kid at Christmas with a new toy ! Can I ask please and thank you if we can add two or more users and passwords then i could have both providers combining my info into one beautiful sweet a-s guide ! Thank you for your update and efforts Lehmden

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Can I ask please and thank you if we can add two or more users and passwords then i could have both providers combining
    Also I have an tvguide account for implementing this in EPG-Buddy I don't use it for real (as I live in Germany and TVgude.com did not deliver lineups for Germany at all) so I need to ask, if it is not possible to add 2 or 3 lineups to one TVGuide account? If yes, EPG-Buddy will support all combined lineups configured on tvguide.com automatically.

ATM this part is not fully completed so it's possible to implement a second pair of user/pass. In theory I can add any fixed number of user/pass combination. It is a little more programming work to support more pairs. But 2 or probably 3 are possible for sure. How much would fit most needs? 2? Or even more needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom