Tools and other software EPG-Buddy ATSC USA Testing (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @lightshock @Lehmden
    While I do understand how hard it is to support the ATSC function without having a system within the U.S.A.
    I am more than willing to assist in any way possible, even giving access thru TeamViewer.

While testing the new EPG-Buddy for U.S.A. ATSC scanning and import into the Setup TV, I found a few things that I need help with.
    Before I get into that, I would like to point out a few things.

Being able to Choose the channels being downloaded - zap2xml grabs every channel from tvguide.com when you have an account.

Wish List
    The ability to save the complete configuration and return to the same menus when restarting the application.
    (If you only use Webgrab+Plus, then returning to the EPG Data tab, it currently always opens to TV-Spielfim)
    Datenbank - Modus (is the some other language other then English?
    Application Reset - Currently the only way to reset all prior configured settings is to Uninstall, remove the folder, reinstall.
    (clearing all settings for every channel already configured gave me this idea)
    User settings for TVGuide.com - Being able to use a User Name and Password in EPG-Buddy for getting the user account settings.

Issues:
    While the zap2xml will always download every channel preconfigured under the users profile on tvguide.com, the channel info and timezone settings always work.
    This version of EPG-Buddy has issues with not matching Channel info and SetupTV application import.
    Case in point: Post #37 in thread EPG-Buddy a new EPG Tool with easy usage.

Timezone settings do not carry over to MP2 every time. Once an import into MP2 is completed and the times are off by X amount, the only recovery I have found is to remove the MP2TVE_3.s3db and start over with both EPG-Buddy and SetupTV applications.

Notes to remember:
    Timezone setting: Located in the file ATSC_tvguide.com.ini in the WebGrab folder. Change the setting to timezone=UTC-06:00 or whever timezone you live in. Setting the value to anything Not recognized will produce an error listing all the available settings.
    Setting the timezone= to CST and running the Grab EPG Now will write all the available Timezone settings into the WebGrab++.log.txt
    Example:
    [Error ] Cannot find timezone=CST
    [Error ] Correct the timezone=CST
    [ Debug ] use any of the following zone names:
    [ Debug ] UTC offset: DST date: zone name:
    [ Debug ] UTC+00:00 26/03/2017 Africa/Casablanca
    [ Debug ] UTC+00:00 26/03/2017 Africa/El_Aaiun

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I am more than willing to assist in any way possible
    Thanks for that, very appreciated.

The ability to save the complete configuration and return to the same menus when restarting the application.
    This should already be working this way. If not it looks like a bug but an easy one to fix.

is the some other language other then English?
    A simple missing translation, sorry. EPG-Buddy is developed in German as we are both Germans... So sometimes the English terms may not be 100% correct or as in this case are missing completely. This term means "Database mode" in English and definitely will be named this way with the next version.

User settings for TVGuide.com
    As TVGuide.com is used over the WebGrab++ program it's not that easy to implement. Most likely we need to add TVGuide.com as a direct data source without the usage of WebGrab. But for this we definitely would need your help...
    Can you tell in which format the data from TVGuide.com is downloaded when you do NOT! use WebGrab? Is it in XML format, in Json or in normal HTML or something completely different?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Is it in XML format, in Json or in normal HTML or something completely different?
    XML
    here is the beginning of the TVguide.xml zap2ixml grabs
    What is real interesting is it gets or sorts (I do not know) all the channel info in different methods.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

<tv source-info-url="TV Guide" source-info-name="tvguide.com" generator-info-name="zap2xml" generator-info-url="zap2xml@gmail.com">
    <channel id="I2.1.11751.tvguide.com">
    <display-name>WBBMDT</display-name>
    <display-name>2.1 WBBMDT</display-name>
    <display-name>2.1</display-name>
    <display-name>WBBM HDTV</display-name>
    </channel>

Also I just discovered that the new download from them has a bug...

<rating>
    <value>TV-PG@LV</value>
    </rating>

I have had to go in and do a Global replace all on PG@LV to PG

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By the way, both issues
    and
    Datenbank - Modus (is the some other language other then English?
    are fixed already and will be included in the next version.
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

The "Datenbank Modus" term is translated and if you come back to "EPG- Data" module you will be where you are last time, not always in "TVSpielfilm"...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another question... Is TVGuide.com an international or more an USA related data source?
    I'm asking because I want to add separate modules for different regions as with growing number of supported data sources the view will get crowded a bit... I have "International" (where WebGrab and probably TVGuide.com will be placed) Germany (TVSpielfilm, Clickfinder and epgData.com) and France (zGuide). But I can put TVGuide.com into an "USA" module, if this fits the better.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Remember the comments about having the wrong Timezone info in the ini file?
    Well here is the Complete List of what is Available (timezone wise) in TVGuide.
    What all as far as sources and channels available? I have no idea.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Had a look into the channels.xml. It looks as if TVGuide.com is an USA only data source to me, so I will place it in an "USA" module...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Question:
    When trying to run Webgrab+ by itself from your directory, it is looking for a folder in
    c:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++
    Because of this, I cannot find a way to use the configuration options to have it build a new Channel list from TVGuide.com
    Do you know of any options to do this without doing a complete WebGrab++ install?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you know of any options to do this without doing a complete WebGrab++ install?
    Yes. If you run WebGrab without any options it looks for siteini and config files in its default folder "c:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\WebGrab++". But you can run it with a different folder as an argument to direct WG to the desired folder. That's how EPG-Buddy is doing this too.
    If you want to use WebGrab that comes with EPG-Buddy you need to execute
    Code:
    "c:\Program Files (x86)\EPG-Buddy\WebGrab+Plus.exe" "c:\Program Files (x86)\EPG-Buddy\WebGrab\"
    to make WebGrab use the config folder inside EPG-Buddy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom