EPG Color Question (1 Viewer)

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to use colored EPG using Schedules Direct Plugin. I'm not sure if something has to be setup differently because I can't see any colors in the TV Guide.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

The answer to your question is: it depends entirely on whether the SD data/plugin provides genre info.

mm
    PS: this area of the forum is strictly reserved for MP 1.3 beta bug reports

Last edited:

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry about that, I'll be more careful next time. SD does provide Genre info I'm just not sure how the plugin transfers the SD to Mediaportal so I can't tell if the genre information is being transfered or not. :(

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So I think I figured it out. I used XMLTV to get an XML copy of what Schedules Direct offers and attached a program excerpt below. It seems SD calls genres as catagories which is why the colors aren't showing up in the EPG. Is that something that is easy to fix? Or should I try to contact the author of the SD Plugin for MP?

Thanks,
    Rob

<programme start="20121219130000 -0400" stop="20121219133000 -0400" channel="I54356.labs.zap2it.com">
    <title lang="en">Honky Tonk TV: Your Country</title>
    <desc lang="en">Eric Church; Jana Kramer; live music from Florida Georgia Line; Miranda Lambert.</desc>
    <date>20120805</date>
    <category lang="en">Music</category>
    <category lang="en">Series</category>
    <episode-num system="dd_progid">EP01498867.0037</episode-num>
    <episode-num system="onscreen">137</episode-num>
    <video>
    <aspect>16:9</aspect>
    <quality>HDTV</quality>
    </video>
    <audio>
    <stereo>dolby</stereo>
    </audio>
    <previously-shown start="20120805000000" />
    <subtitles type="teletext" />
    <rating system="VCHIP">
    <value>TV-14</value>
    </rating>
    </programme>

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Pleased to say that I have solved this, and believe it or not, it was a fault with the recording pin control on the xml which had the knock on effect with the highlight, which only goes to show the sensitivity of the EPG xml. If nothing else you confirmed what I thought and where I needed to look and thanks to your input, it is now...
    Pleased to say that I have solved this, and believe it or not, it was a fault with the recording pin control on the xml which had...
    Evening all, I am having a little bit of bother skinning the EPG. The specific issue is the border highlight. It shows on all the...
    Replies
    Views
    WedgeCan, Gcarr, I downloaded mc2xml.exe from the internet Archive link you provided and I now have Zap2It guide data again. Thanks for the link!!!
    WedgeCan, Gcarr, I downloaded mc2xml.exe from the internet Archive link you provided and I now have Zap2It guide data again...
    Starting on Oct 1st, MC2XML quit running for me. It now starts and then instantly silently exits. This happens on all three of my...
    Replies
    Views
    That was it! I was able to get TVServer installed and running on MP1. Thanks!
    That was it! I was able to get TVServer installed and running on MP1. Thanks!
    I have been using MP1 reliably for several years but suddenly the TV Server stopped working. I've even tried doing a full uninstall...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the info. All clear except whether Power Scheduler will actually run SD plugin at specified times. I'll look into it, Meantime, I got mc2xml working, and that can be run daily as a scheduled task. (that;s what I used to do - I think) Meantime again, it appears my zap2xxml from tvguide.com started working again - temp...
    Thanks for the info. All clear except whether Power Scheduler will actually run SD plugin at specified times. I'll look into it...
    Reason for questions: I've been using zap2xml to get data from tvguide.com and write tvguide.xml for xmltv for years - but it seems...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi doskabouter I only use the line jump for the description. I modify the XmlTV file from EPG-Buddy with WebGrabPlus (rex) only in the description with \n. My new description is: Genre, year of production \n Original description \n Actors
    Hi doskabouter I only use the line jump for the description. I modify the XmlTV file from EPG-Buddy with WebGrabPlus (rex) only...
    Just installed 1.28, and the new XML EPG importer refuses to import the xml spit out by EPG-Buddy. Older versions of MP1 ingest it...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom