EPG Downloader Service for TV Server ONLY (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Kev
    Before I try your program, can you please tell me how your program will handle the issue I reported (without feedback) in this thread.

Thank you

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey Big_kev,
    Just downloaded and install .05. I have added the url to http://xmltv.locost7.info/Sydney/OztivoSydney.zip, set it to zipped and normal.

The when I hit the reset button for EPG mapping, I get the follwoing error message

"Connot creat file C:\Program Files\MP EPG\Downloader\EPG\xmltv.zip

In the folder location I can see a file xmltv.zip with 0KB. This only happened straight after an install. If I stop the service, then shut down the manager, and then deleted the file all is OK. Strange......

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Kev
    Before I try your program, can you please tell me how your program will handle the issue I reported (without feedback) in this thread.

Thank you

My program should delete all info for the channels it is downloading, then insert the new records into TvLibrary.

You should see new programs.

Regards
    Kev

mulva

Portal Member
    August 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    New Features:
    • Proxy Support - see new "Internet" page (thanks mulva!)
    • New Documentation including Complex URLs - example and list of options for complex URLs

Note: I could not fully test the Proxy Server options, so feedback would be appreciated

Fixes:
    • Removed debug statement that used "c:\temp" folder - this folder is no longer needed

Regards
    Kev
    Big_Kev,

Downloaded, installed, tested.....It works creating the new mapping, but, during the scheduled run, I get the error:

Download Started 22/12/2007 11:00:00 AM
    22/12/2007 11:00:22 AM - EPG Download Failed!: Error=Connection timed out (Error #10060)

My firewall reports that the TV Server is trying to directly connect to the xmltv host.

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Hey Big_kev,
    Just downloaded and install .05. I have added the url to http://xmltv.locost7.info/Sydney/OztivoSydney.zip, set it to zipped and normal.

The when I hit the reset button for EPG mapping, I get the follwoing error message

In the folder location I can see a file xmltv.zip with 0KB. This only happened straight after an install. If I stop the service, then shut down the manager, and then deleted the file all is OK. Strange......

Charli181 & Big_Kev,

I get the same when I've input a new EPG location and the update (reset) failed. Could it be that the xmltv.zip file is not closed as part of the error handling routine?

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Iv seen this also. Occurred when I did a fresh installation with version 0.0.0.05, but if I had installed version 0.0.0.04 earlier this message didn't show up.

/tompa

Robertxc

Portal Member
    January 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Any idea how I can get a data source for UK TV to use with this app? I've tried a bunch of different things without success. The Radio Times website is not very helpful. :(

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have noticed that if TV server is stopped and started over again, I also have to stop and start EPG download manager (version 0.0.0.05) manually. If not, automatic schedule don't run anymore.

rockstream

October 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey Big_Kev,

have followed instructions as per PDF.
    Can Connect to Database using SQL Server Management Studio Express with newley created login.
    However when I "Test Connection" Using EPG Download Manager I get following error.

"Error Connecting to TV Server DAtabase
    Failed with the following message:
    [AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client]SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]."

Have installed a number of times....same error.
    Have comapred to another working system only difference the Database Server Instance name on my system is not the default "SQLEXPRESS" but "tvserver", which by the way works for everything else.

Any hints ????

BTW i'm using versio 0.0.0.05 Beta

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    I have noticed that if TV server is stopped and started over again, I also have to stop and start EPG download manager (version 0.0.0.05) manually. If not, automatic schedule don't run anymore.

I've noticed that EPG download manager scheduler stops every now and then, maybe it's related to what tompa is experiencing?

Riad

Fairlight

February 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Big_Kev,

First of all, congratulations and many thanks for your work. This downloader is very cool.
    However, I have a small issue with it: I've set up a rule to get the XML file from a website, but when my PC wakes up from hibernation, I always get a network error (DNS error when using an URL, 'no route' error when using the IP@ directly). I guess the service tries to connect before everything is ready in the network stack... Do you have a suggestion for that? Maybe a parameter to delay the grabbing when the service is started?...

Fairlight

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom