EPG Downloader Service for TV Server ONLY (1 Viewer)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
New Version 0.0.0.06

Some minor changes, Real time display of download progress...

Kev

riadmelb

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Thanks a lot for the update. My only problem with 0.0.0.05 was that scheduler stops updating every now and then, and I had to restart the service to get up and going again. I'll let you know how I go with this one.

Thanks again,
Riad

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Big Kev,

Have not had any reply to my post 2008-02-28.

was hoping new version may address this prob.

Rockstream
Sorry I missed your post!

This is a network error, so the app could not locate the SQL server instance. If your TvLibrary database and MSSQL Express Server are on the same machine as the downloader, try using "localhost" as your server name.

Server name should be the same as the server name shown in the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio login screen without the "\SQLEXPRESS" on the end.

Kev

bombonator

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Big Kev,

Thank you heaps for all the time and effort you put in.

It works absolutely fanatastically for me and my TV Server setup - and not just FTA either - you beauty.

All the hassles with (stopped counting the number of) epg grabbers in the past are gone. Top Stuff!!!

Fairlight

February 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Big_Kev,

First of all, congratulations and many thanks for your work. This downloader is very cool.
    However, I have a small issue with it: I've set up a rule to get the XML file from a website, but when my PC wakes up from hibernation, I always get a network error (DNS error when using an URL, 'no route' error when using the IP@ directly). I guess the service tries to connect before everything is ready in the network stack... Do you have a suggestion for that? Maybe a parameter to delay the grabbing when the service is started?...

Fairlight

Hi again Kev,

I thought I might add some precisions if it's not too late yet:
    - One major issue in the problem I described is actually that when the download fails because of a network error, all EPG data are removed. Therefore, each time my HTPC is waking up to record something, it has no data anymore. I noticed that the download is only tried once a day though.
    - If you plan to add a delay like I suggested, it might be interesting to also add a button to immediately run the download, so that you can force an EPG refresh without having to wait for the delay?

Thanks again for your help,
    Fairlight

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Big Kev.

Thanks for writing this - it seems like a great app but I'm having some trouble getting going with it so I was hoping I could get a couple of pointer...

(I'm running TV3 in Australia with FTA and Foxtel but I have 5-6 network clients so I figured this version was better than the oz guide)

Anyway - the program installs great and connects to the MSSQL service just fine but I'm having troubles with URLs....

I'm trying to set up a URL for http://xmltv.locost7.info/Sydney/OztivoSydney.zip but it doesn't seem to be doing anything... I add the URL with just the URL, "data is zipped" ticked, and type = normal - nothing else is entered - when I reset nothing seems to happen :|
    I get the little icon pop up for a few seconds then disappear and nothing else happens (nothing in the grid).

Am I on glue? Is there something obvious I've missed? Could someone post the info they are using for a URL I could test with???

My download log window shows:

Download Started 1/04/2008 11:08:14 PM
    EPG Download Successfull!
    EPG Download Complete - Total 0 program entires downloaded

from .ini

[EPG]
    EPG_URL_0_1=http://xmltv.locost7.info/Sydney/OztivoSydney.zip
    EPG_URL_1_1=
    EPG_URL_2_1=
    EPG_URL_3_1=
    EPG_URL_4_1=1
    EPG_URL_5_1=0
    EPG_URL_6_1=Normal
    EPG_URL_7_1=
    EPG_URL_8_1=
    EPG_URL_9_1=
    EPG_0_1=
    EPG_1_1=
    EPG_2_1=
    EPG_4_1=
    EPG_3_1=""

Thanks in advance :)

S.O.P

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm having an odd issue now.

Was working as advertised, and then all of a sudden I seemed to lose TV channels in MP. Went back to Server Config and reset them (seemed a lot of my settings disappeared?) and now I can't login with my EPG account into the database. Made a new login and that didn't work either.

Now I'm using the 'sa' account for my guide and it logs in fine.

I'm no expert but could it be corrupted or something?

Edit: Now I have to load TV Config first every time I want to watch TV in MP. Why can't anything ever be easy?

StarTV

Portal Member
    February 17, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm get this error with EPG downloader when I reboot my PC:

4/04/2008 6:28:27 PM - EPG Downloader could not connect to TV Server database: Error=[AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'EPG'.

I presume that EPG downloader starts before TV server loads therefore it can not log in.

If I force it to download using Kevs new button it comes back with a MS dialog box requesting to close the app and send an error report. I click ok and the app still remains open and the XMLTV file from EPGStream dowloads as per normal.

Anyone else have this problem? It's probably an easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom