EPG Downloader Service for TV Server ONLY (1 Viewer)

S.O.P

Portal Pro
January 13, 2007
Home Country
Had a similar problem, but it went away and I'm not sure why. I did a number of things which included creating a new account and following the guide again.

And yes, mine crashes but continues on per normal. The Download Now and Refresh buttons don't seem to do much for me.

StarTV

Portal Member
February 17, 2008
Home Country
My windows crashed yesterday due to a disk error. This weekend will be a reinstall and this time I'll image the disk at several different points during the install.

I think I'll convert back to just plain MP without TV server and see if I can get EPG working on it. I'm trying to get back to the KISS principle. I haven't got the time to keep fixing all these issues and what makes it worse is the wife pressuring me to get off the computer and also being interrupted by the kids every 2 mins - there is nothing more frustrating.

Still, if anyone has a fix for this error I'm all ears.

S.O.P

Portal Pro
January 13, 2007
Home Country
Image at the point just before you go to install MP, of course. And follow the 2 guides as best as you can linked here and here.

I used to be the same as you, every time I tried TV Server I found that a stock MP install was superior. The wife was also on the case, constantly complaining.

After TV Guide data/oztivo changed, I figured it was time for another attempt. I'm running SVN 18436 and besides the one problem that went away (similar to yours), its been reasonably rock-solid since, more so than TV1. TV Guide data still isn't perfect, using locost now but with Monochrome as the skin and the IMDB database updated, it impresses the wife which is a nice change.

StarTV

Portal Member
February 17, 2008
Home Country
Thanks SOP, you have made me consider installing TV server once I reinstall. BTW I was running SVN 18341.

I'll be imaging at mulitple points (probably three) and the last will definitely be before I install MP.

I'm still new to MP (probably have had it on the system for ~ month) and slowly climbing up the learning curve. I thought if going to VISTA MCE but I'd probably won't be happy with the features and plus I'm already on the MP train. I still may give it a shot sometime in the future.

S.O.P

Portal Pro
January 13, 2007
Home Country
You are still going to butt heads with it, I still do.

For example, last SVN I tried, recorded TV would fast forward but the picture wouldn't and now it only fast forwards very slowly, no matter the speed selected. That wouldn't happen in MP. And after searching, no one else seems to have the problem.

I went to try XP MCE on this recent install but the Service kept crashing so back to MP it was. It's a love-hate relationship. People do rate Vista MCE though, so if the option is there....

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm get this error with EPG downloader when I reboot my PC:

4/04/2008 6:28:27 PM - EPG Downloader could not connect to TV Server database: Error=[AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'EPG'.

I presume that EPG downloader starts before TV server loads therefore it can not log in.

If I force it to download using Kevs new button it comes back with a MS dialog box requesting to close the app and send an error report. I click ok and the app still remains open and the XMLTV file from EPGStream dowloads as per normal.

Anyone else have this problem? It's probably an easy fix.

Yes, I've seen this exact behaviour too. Looks like the program might just need to wait for TV Server to start.

Today, I also ran into this problem after a download:

18/04/2008 11:58:20 PM - EPG Download Failed!: Error=[AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'idChannel', table 'TvLibrary.dbo.Program'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

I was turning on the "fill the gaps" field for the HD channels. Did some troubleshooting and found that it was specifically when I turned on Ten Digital to fill the gaps for Ten HD. Nine and Seven were ok. Attached is the zip file it was trying to download and import, for reference.

Edit:
    Tried a couple of the backup files that I noticed were on the site. Same problem. As soon as I get rid of Ten HD fill the gaps, problem goes away.

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    Hi Kev,
    Trying to use multiple EPG sources, both oztivo, as FTA and fxtel need different time offsets. Unfortunately the first source is downloaded twice and the second never is. Tried heaps of different settings, but this is always the same.
    cheers
    Graeme

Hi Kev,
    Would it be possible to sort the EPG Data Mapping and MP channels. I seem to be re-entering the mappings quite a lot and it would be a lot easier if they were alphabetical. It would also be handy to have the option of removing the channels from the MP list when they are mapped, would be a good way to see if I missed any at the end.
    Cheers
    G

Snoopy08

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi All

I am trying this EPG downloder and are trying to get the data from Epgstream but dont appear to work..

Im Using
    http://free-epg.epgstream.net/xmltv/xmltvService.aspx?clientId={}&guideType=free&clientType=MediaPortal&countryCode=au&geographicId=2000&medium=analogue.tv

I place this in the config and select data zipped but nothing happens..

Has anyone had any luck in doing it this way..

Any help would be appreciated..

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I am trying this EPG downloder and are trying to get the data from Epgstream but dont appear to work..

Im Using
    http://free-epg.epgstream.net/xmltv/xmltvService.aspx?clientId={}&guideType=free&clientType=MediaPortal&countryCode=au&geographicId=2000&medium=analogue.tv

I place this in the config and select data zipped but nothing happens..

Has anyone had any luck in doing it this way..

Any help would be appreciated..

Yeah I couldn't get this to work either after I got my client id from epgstream. Tried changing a few of the options, but wasn't sure what the right settings for this service were.

S.O.P

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Yeah, I did it and used EPGStream.

Hang 5 and I will VNC into the HTPC and figure out what settings I used. Be warned, there are a form of advertisements in the tv guide info.

Just make sure your URL is exactly right. Copy and pasting from Kev's post put gaps into the URL which needed to be repaired. I can see spaces in yours, Snoopy. And make sure you remove the { }. Look at my URL below, abc123 is my client number.

epgsv6.jpg

Code:
    http://free-epg.epgstream.net/xmltv/xmltvService.aspx?clientId=abc123&guideType=free&clientType=MediaPortal&countryCode=au&geographicId=4000&medium=digital.tv

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom