EPG Downloader Service for TV Server ONLY (1 Viewer)

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It seems that database is changing name to MpTvDbRC1 in 1.0 RC1 (todays SVN). This makes it impossible to login!

2008-04-25 11:53:15 - EPG Downloader could not connect to TV Server database: Error=[AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Inloggningen misslyckades för användaren sa.

Any workarounds? Ill try to rename database...

/tompa

if I rename database, TV-server won't start (failed to create database) ...offcourse ;)

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If it does change name, you just have to modify the usernamein MSSql to access the new database name as default.

Seems strange the database name would change though from TvLibarary.

dimaal

Portal Member
    September 11, 2007
    Some problem with encoding by epg import?

Hello Big_Kev!

I have here a xmltv programs list with cyrillic chars. The file is wellformed, the header has encoding attribute:
    encoding="utf-8" (really i have two versions with koi8-r and utf-8 encodings; i have tested both versions). Your programm has imported the xmltv programm list without any errors but the results is unreadable in MP.

My system is able to show cyrillic. I use WebEpg and the only problem i have with the russian channels now is a timezone problem; the epg contents of the russian channels is correct showed in MP. Please investigate the problem. Here you will find the russian xmtv epg if you need it for a test puporse:

http://www.tele.perm.ru/attached/tvguide.xml

tnx for your great programm.

lestat

Portal Member
    July 15, 2007
    Download Started 20-05-2008 21:28:46
    20-05-2008 21:28:47 - EPG Download Failed!: Error=Invalid argument to date encode
    EPG Download Complete - Total 0 program entires downloaded

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have being trying to set up EPG downloader against default database "MpTvDbRC1" without success. I did change my login property's to the new default database in MSQL Sever Management Server Express.
    I don't have any problems with the "TvLibrary" database name!

Someone that have tried this and succeeded?

/tompa

sonome

Portal Pro
    June 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    I've just installed this epg downloader, and I absolutely love it! It's very easy to set up (once I read the documentation that came with it), and very flexible. I love how it runs as a background service and imports directly into the tv database. This means I can download guide data for some channels while using the guide data which is broadcast in the dvb stream for other channels - a solution I've been looking for for a while! Thanks for the excellent program!

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've just installed this epg downloader, and I absolutely love it! It's very easy to set up (once I read the documentation that came with it), and very flexible. I love how it runs as a background service and imports directly into the tv database. This means I can download guide data for some channels while using the guide data which is broadcast in the dvb stream for other channels - a solution I've been looking for for a while! Thanks for the excellent program!

yeah its great!!

what database name did you use (see my question above)?

/tompa

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Tompa.. I haven't had any luck getting this to work using the RC1 name.. I'm hoping Big_Kev can release a patch soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom