EPG Downloader Service for TV Server ONLY (2 Viewers)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry, you were right. I got confused with the settings of his EPG Web Interface (where you can specify the database) :|

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No problem! Glad we are seeing the same thing ;)
    Hopefully Big_Kev will fix this feature later on.

/tompa

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Big_Kev: there seems to be an issue with the uninstallation. First, the uninstallation is not stopping the Service, therefore the .exe can't be removed by the uninstallter. Secondly, even if the service was stopped beforehand, the entry is not removed from "Services" in Windows. All files will be removed successfully, but there will still be an entry in 'Services', showing the MP EPG Downloader Service (which cannot be started then of course).

ethanol

Portal Member
    January 4, 2008
    Home Country
    A feature to edit the DB name in the tool would be v. useful.

For now, if I have to rename the DB directly, what tool do I need to use to perform that and do I need to make any other changes so that the rest of TV Server continues to work? Any impact to programs already scheduled / recorded?

Also, how are people using this tool together with the freeEPG info? do you download it in advance or simply direct the tool to get it from the web?

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ethanol
    one way to do it is to;
    1) export channels and scheduels to "export-file".
    2) complete re installation of TV-server with "TvLibrary" database name.
    3) import "export-file" and earlier recordings.

/tompa

ethanol

Portal Member
    January 4, 2008
    Home Country
    @ethanol
    one way to do it is to;
    1) export channels and scheduels to "export-file".
    2) complete re installation of TV-server with "TvLibrary" database name.
    3) import "export-file" and earlier recordings.

/tompa

Thx Tompa!

Right - after a painful morning of uninstalling and re-installing, I've got the connection to the DB working against the old TvLibrary name.

I've pasted the epgstream link and added my client ID and I think the data is downloading OK - it doesn't seem to be picking up programs though as I get the following message :

Download Started 2/07/2008 10:25:37 AM
    EPG Download Successfull!
    EPG Download Complete - Total 0 program entires downloaded

My link : http://free-epg.epgstream.net/xmltv/xmltvService.aspx?clientId=<clientID>&guideType=free&clientType=MediaPortal&countryCode=au&geographicId=4000&medium=digital.tv

My other settings :
    Username : Blank
    Password : Blank
    Offset :Blank
    Data is Zipped : ticked
    "URL" is local file : Blank
    Type : Complex
    Program URL Template :Blank (Do I need to enter something here)?
    No. of days to request : 14 (Is this correct)?
    Date Format : yyyy-mm-dd (in the xml file downloaded using XMLTVs download, the format seems to be yyyymmddhhmm - should I change this)?

Thanks!

Looks like I've made some progress.

Latest settings which seem to work are :

My other settings :
    Username : Blank
    Password : Blank
    Offset :Blank
    Data is Zipped : ticked
    "URL" is local file : Blank
    Type : Normal
    Program URL Template :Blank
    No. of days to request : 14
    Date Format : yyyymmddhhmm

Hope this helps others.

Any suggestions for whether I should have anything in the Program URL tempalte?

Mercurial

Portal Member
    September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Anyone got URL details working for UK?

Hi,

This looks like it could be as good as Big_Kev's web interface which I have working very nicely on PC and PDA. Even works on my Nokia 6680 over GPRS (using PDA settings). I never got the EPG bit working on the Web interface though. Which leads me on to my question -

I think I am being a bit dull trying to set up the EPG downloader :confused: - any brits out there managed to get it working with xmltv.radiotimes.com or www.mydigigude.com?

I fail to get the EPG Data mapping to populate. What settings are people using in the URL detail window?

Thanks

John

I may have misunderstood the use of this application - I can now get it to work for a local xml file I have already created, but I was thinking it was going to do the grabbing from the sites above. Am I right in thinking that I would still have to use xmltv to grab and create the data this application uses? Are the Aussie links used as an example already created files copied off a server?

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Version 0.0.0.09

A feature to edit the DB name in the tool would be v. useful.

Have added database name field and fixed some scheduling issues...

Also, how are people using this tool together with the freeEPG info? do you download it in advance or simply direct the tool to get it from the web?

I am downloading directly from the web for freeEPG...

http://free-epg.epgstream.net/xmltv/xmltvService.aspx?clientId=YourIDHere&guideType=free&clientType=MediaPortal&countryCode=au&geographicId=2000&medium=digital.tv

...Replacing your id of course, and your capital city post code.

URL Details: Remember to select "Data is Zipped" and Type = "Normal" all other fields should be blank!

Kev

sonome

Portal Pro
    June 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Kev,

Thanks for the updated version and the ability to change the database field name!

This version doesn't seem to want to fill in gaps with info from other channels (although it is set up to do so) - is anyone else having this problem? I had no problems with this in the previous version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom