EPG Downloader Service for TV Server ONLY (1 Viewer)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Kev,

Thanks for the updated version and the ability to change the database field name!

This version doesn't seem to want to fill in gaps with info from other channels (although it is set up to do so) - is anyone else having this problem? I had no problems with this in the previous version.

Hi sonome,

I dont think that I have changed anything... but I will check the code.

Kev

penfold

Portal Member
February 3, 2008
Home Country
Hiya,

I'm having no luck retrieving the EPG from epgstream with this proggy. Everything seems to be setup but it reports:

"Download Started 10/07/2008 1:32:54 AM
10/07/2008 1:32:55 AM - EPG Download Failed!: Error=Bad Request
EPG Download Complete - Total 0 program entires downloaded
10/07/2008 1:33:00 AM - Next Scheduled Download = 11/07/2008"

I have succesfully retrieved it via the command prompt program on epgstream though so I'm not sure of the problem. Maybe its something to do with specifying the channels as I had to do it for the command prompt one but haven't really done it with this one.

Cheers,
Pen

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Hiya,

I'm having no luck retrieving the EPG from epgstream with this proggy. Everything seems to be setup but it reports:

"Download Started 10/07/2008 1:32:54 AM
10/07/2008 1:32:55 AM - EPG Download Failed!: Error=Bad Request
EPG Download Complete - Total 0 program entires downloaded
10/07/2008 1:33:00 AM - Next Scheduled Download = 11/07/2008"

I have succesfully retrieved it via the command prompt program on epgstream though so I'm not sure of the problem. Maybe its something to do with specifying the channels as I had to do it for the command prompt one but haven't really done it with this one.

Cheers,
Pen

Hi Pen,

Have a look at my post on the previous page titled New Version 0.0.0.9 and double check that you have set up the URL exactly as shown - substituting your id (this should be something like this bcadf34eea034523195cae45ee48ff63 and is generated for you when you register - NOT your login Id) - and substituting your geographicId (should be the postcode of your city if you are in one... ie Sydney = 2000 for all Sydney suburbs).

geographicId will determine the channels that are loaded.

Have you mapped your channels etc on the EPG page? You need to do this first. When you click on reset, it will not load a list of available channels if the URL is not correct.

Keep me posted...

Kev

penfold

Portal Member
February 3, 2008
Home Country
Ok worked it out - basically when i cut & pasted your URL it inserted a space between the countryID bit (where the line changes). However, there were a few complicating things & a few suggestions I would make.

a) Maybe in the manual have a designated login / password eg EGP & pass kev or something. I think in the tutorial it swaps from EPG to root.
b) The Media Portal Release Candidate does not come with MSQL Server Management Studio Express ( but it is a free download from - "http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c243a5ae-4bd1-4e3d-94b8-5a0f62bf7796&displaylang=en"
c) The problem I was having was because it generated a bad request the table was not proliferated but it still generated the xmltv.zip so when I changed it & tried to reset it again it said - cannot creat xmltv.zip (so I thought something else was incorrect). Because the file was in use I had to save & quit out & reload to try again.
d) When I tried to retrieve the TV schedule it just did the EPG Download Failed!: Error=Bad Request but it was a little confusing because I couldn't work out whether it could not connect because I hadn't setup the channels properly or because it couldnt connect at all.
The manual jumped forward to a complete table on the left so I was wondering where the table actuall came from.

I'll have another look to see what else could be touched up but other than that the manual was fantastic!
Thanks heaps for your quick response too!

Cheers,
Pen

gusangora

Portal Pro
January 14, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
This program is fantastic however I have a feature request.
Sometimes, the daily download fails and this overwrites the EPG with no data.
Is it possible for the program to detect no data and then not update the EPG?
Steve

fwal

Portal Member
March 8, 2006
Canberra, Australia
Home Country
Old MP tv list wont go

Hi again Big Kev, its been a while. After my vista upgraded to sp1 I had problems with the remote. I decided to update to the latest csv and asked to keep my database but, you probably know how it is. Anyway, I have created a new database with extra channels and new names but your downloader keeps coming up with the old database. I therefore uninstalled it and started again but still I get the old TV database. Could someone tell me how to get rid of this please?
Thanks.

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
Hi again Big Kev, its been a while. After my vista upgraded to sp1 I had problems with the remote. I decided to update to the latest csv and asked to keep my database but, you probably know how it is. Anyway, I have created a new database with extra channels and new names but your downloader keeps coming up with the old database. I therefore uninstalled it and started again but still I get the old TV database. Could someone tell me how to get rid of this please?
Thanks.

Hi fwal,

Just as a guess, as I am not in a position to check right now... Have a look in the MS SQL Server Management Studio Express, and see if you now have 2 databases. The old TvLibrary and the new MpRC1TvDb (or something like that...).

If you do, change the name of the database in the EPG Downloader from TvLibrary to the new name. You will need the latest version of the downloader to do this.

As I say, this is just a guess with me at a PC that does not have MP on it! Hope it helps

Kev

(if you are using MySQL not MS SQL, use the MySQL administration tool to see if you now have 2 databases)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
June 8, 2007
Home Country
New Version 0.0.0.10 beta

This program is fantastic however I have a feature request.
Sometimes, the daily download fails and this overwrites the EPG with no data.
Is it possible for the program to detect no data and then not update the EPG?
Steve

New version now only deletes data for channels that have new data downloaded.

Kev

thargs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    OK Big_Kev thanks always for your efforts. However some issues...

I downloaded and installed Oz TV guide Downloader but had the error of not being able to connect to the sql database. Tried username password (defaults) but couldnt work out the host/ip . Its a standalone install with TV server. If I didnt specify any of the login details for the server then I would get the error of Path not Found for the Mediaportal install.

So I downloaded the EPG Download Manager and I need to work out what to download for MS SQL. I do have MS SQL installed via the installation wizard of Mediaportal but dont have the SQL server Management Studio Express so meaning I dont have MSSQL Express. All I have in program files is a basic install of MSSQL server. Thats it.

So what do I need to download and install to add a user?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom