EPG Downloader Service for TV Server ONLY (1 Viewer)

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
Hi folks,

So I have almost got this going I think - I download data, the tool says it has imported 4000-odd programs - so that's good.

However when I go into MP, there is no updated data - the old data that MP had previously grabbed from the DVB-T card is still there.

I have disabled EPG grabbing from the card in TV-Server... so why isn't this overwritten by the tool that is running?

any ideas?

Did u map channels under "EPG Data Mapping"?

/tompa

Yep, I have configured everything as per the instructions.

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Strange!

Maybe u should try to rebuild your database? ...no other ideas at the moment.

/tompa

coopers

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2005
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Hmm, wierd. I'm going to try to reinstall things...

Does anyone know how to clean uninstall big kev's program? Doesn't show up in the ctrl panel->"add/remove software" and doesn't seem to be uninstall options - how do I remove an installed windows service?

ethanol

Portal Member
    January 4, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm having problems on RC1 and 0.0.0.08 aswell.

I have a client / server installed on a single PC.

I've created the new user and have tried both the PC name "hometheatre" and "localhost" but get the error message : "Error connecting to TVServer Database Failed with the following message : [AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'epg'."

The DB name listed in SQL Server Management Studio Express against which I set-up the new user is "MpTvDBRC1"

Any ideas?

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm having problems on RC1 and 0.0.0.08 aswell.

I have a client / server installed on a single PC.

I've created the new user and have tried both the PC name "hometheatre" and "localhost" but get the error message : "Error connecting to TVServer Database Failed with the following message : [AnyDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'epg'."

The DB name listed in SQL Server Management Studio Express against which I set-up the new user is "MpTvDBRC1"

Any ideas?

Hi!

u must use "TvLibrary" as database name NOT "MpTvDBRC1"!

/tompa

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi!

u must use "TvLibrary" as database name NOT "MpTvDBRC1"!

/tompa
    That depends on what he is using. All SVN versions use MpTvDBRC1 by default. The RC1 installation uses TvLibrary. I always change the DB configuration to TvLibrary after installation of a new SVN version of the TV Server.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I don't think MPEPG supports any other name than "TVLibrary".

/tompa
    Of course it can. Otherwise specifying the database name in the settings of MPEPG would be pointless ;)

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Interesting!
    I asked that question in this thread earlier, and no one did succeed then, so pleas tell me how to!

/tompa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom