EPG Downloader Service for TV Server ONLY (2 Viewers)

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tompa.. I haven't had any luck getting this to work using the RC1 name.. I'm hoping Big_Kev can release a patch soon...

Thanks for your answer erosco! Then I think its confirmed to be a problem ;)
    Yes Ill hope this could be fixed, not a big problem though...

/tompa

sonome

Portal Pro
    June 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    what database name did you use (see my question above)?

/tompa

I installed RC 1 using the default settings - from the logs, I could see the database was named TVLibrary, and I used this database when I created the extra user for MP EPG Downloader in MSSQL Express (as per the setup instructions).

Then, as per the setup instructions when configuring the "Database login details" in MP EPG I used the name of my tv server ("pc") in the "Server Name" section and then added the login details for the new user I created.

coopers

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2005
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Hi Folks, I have a number of questions, I'm looking for some help:

1)
    Where are the tvguide.xml and xmltv.dtd files? I have configured this downloader, and it seems to work fine - it creates an xmltv.zip file with the downloaded content under "Program Files" where the tool is installed - but I can't see the actual files anywhere that MP should be using! Not in the MP directories, not anywhere.

2)
    Has anyone got a URL to work from epgStream.net? If I use thier ugly config tool I can get it to find some channels, but it's sort of painful.
    If I paste the URL they give in the config tool into a browser, I can get a Gzip file, but I can't seem to get that to work with Big Kev's tool. I note you guys talking about it above... but it doesn't do a lot.

3)
    Where do I find EPG data for ABC3, SBS HD (and the other SBS channels?) The oztivo sites&mirrors seem to leave this info out.

I don't particularly want to run scraping scripts, I'd really prefer just to pull down the data I need.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ad 1): maybe you misunderstood the tool: this service adds the EPG data directly to the database.
    ad 2): the website says this:
    "MediaPortal", "BladeRunner", "ShowShifter", "Freevo", "MythTV", "Meedio" and "DNTV" clients use this URL format:

Code:
    http://free-epg.epgstream.net/xmltv/xmltvService.aspx?clientId={Your Client ID}&guideType=free&clientType={YourClient}&countryCode=au&geographicId={YourPostcode}&medium={YourMedium}

coopers

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2005
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Hmmm, Ok, I see I thought it just created xmltv info.

I managed to get the data to download as a zip file - interestingly, how does this program know how to deal with different file names?

The zip files pulled down from different sites have different names, and contain different named .xml files!

quite smart if it works that out!

timmo82

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    HELP

Can any1 out there help in setting up EPG as im having a hard time doing it for some reason, im using MP with tv server and i have followed all the setup guides but havnt been able to get this to work!!! very frustrating! Ive listed all the programs that im using below:

MediaPortal V1.0.0.0 RC1
    MPEPGdwnSetup_0_0_0_08.exe (Big_Kevs prog at the start of this thread) i can get as far a mapping the channels in this program, but nothing is displayed in MP

EPG data source is from Welcome to epgStream.net!

Please help!

Timmo

coopers

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2005
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Hi folks,

So I have almost got this going I think - I download data, the tool says it has imported 4000-odd programs - so that's good.

However when I go into MP, there is no updated data - the old data that MP had previously grabbed from the DVB-T card is still there.

I have disabled EPG grabbing from the card in TV-Server... so why isn't this overwritten by the tool that is running?

any ideas?

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi folks,

So I have almost got this going I think - I download data, the tool says it has imported 4000-odd programs - so that's good.

However when I go into MP, there is no updated data - the old data that MP had previously grabbed from the DVB-T card is still there.

I have disabled EPG grabbing from the card in TV-Server... so why isn't this overwritten by the tool that is running?

any ideas?

Did u map channels under "EPG Data Mapping"?

/tompa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom