[EPG] EPG not displaying (2 Viewers)

jonesdb

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I recently installed 1.1Beta and have been having a problem displaying the EPG ever since. I'm using xmltv with mc2xml.exe. the tvguide.xml is located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv The data has been loaded in the the database under program.
When I open the TV Guide in MP I get a blank window. (see attached image) Logs are attached. This was a complete clean install. Any ideas?

Attachments

• EPG screen.JPG
    EPG screen.JPG
    31.7 KB

bakerpr

Portal Pro
July 21, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have had the same issue a couple of times with this new beta. Have you used the import function rather than doing a new scan of channels.
When I rescaned channels the tvguide magically appeared.

However using the latest builds with windows 7 I can not get my cards to scan correctly nor HD to work consistantly, so I have given up until full support is provided for W7.

jonesdb

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
Home Country
You are correct. I had done an export previously and then have done imports since then. 1.1Beta was actually working fine for several days (that was when I did the export) and then suddenly I wasn't able to see the guide any more. After chasing that problem for awhile, I decided to do a complete uninstall and start fresh with the exception of an import. Everything else seems to work fine with the exception of the EPG. Guess my next move is to start fresh with a complete new scan unless someone has other ideas. From my inexperienced eye it looks like a problem with an .xml sheet, but not knowing how that is all handled I could be way off base. I do know that the programs are being imported into the database from the TVGuide.xml file, so it seems to be just in the display of the data.

jonesdb

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
Home Country
OK. A quick update for anyone with this problem. I have done a complete uninstall of both TVServer, MP and delete of the database. Then a new install of 1.1 Beta 1, a complete re-scan and I'm back to showing an EPG again.....soooo issue solved, but not understood. The only difference from what I had done before was that I didn't import anything from the previous export which had been exported from the original install of 1.1 Beta 1

robomonkey

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
Hey All

I also had this problem, it is related to importing the TV data.

I solved it by rescanning and this fixed the issue.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey All

I also had this problem, it is related to importing the TV data.

I solved it by rescanning and this fixed the issue.

Great! I'll try it out, I have this problem too.
In the newspost on the frontpage it says you can import the tvdata, so I did.
When rescanning, I don't have to throw away everything like my channels, channelgroups, etc? Just scanning the DVB frequencies again will do?

EDIT:
Just rescanning didn't work. I reinstalled MP again, imported the whole thing again...but with the same 'Label Missing' result.
Installed MP again, this time without importing the tv part again. I did a whole new scan for channels, planned some shows, etc. and this time no problems with missing labels at all! :D

The new import function seems to be the problem indeed.

cybermortel

Portal Member
August 7, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Same thing without XMLTV

Hi,

I have the same problem with 1.1 Beta.

Everything is fine with channels and EPG but after a couple of days + reboot of the computer, no more EPG or channels in the list.

I use SchedulesDirect plugin.
TV Server Database is fine since when I access the TV Server with MPTVClient, all channels + EPG are ok !!!

I'm getting tired of deinstalling/reinstalling, I had to do so at least 4 times since I installed beta, I'm thinking of getting back to Alpha version until a more stable version of beta is out.

Anybody succeeded to fix this issue ?

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
THis seems to happen when I don't have the tv service running or is not in time with starting up before showing the epg.
I say this because after a restart and starting MP again, the EPG is gone when that's the startup screen so to say. When it start up on a other screen, say home, and then going to epg, all is ok.
So, when starting up on the EPG the first time after a restart, the EPG is gone. Closing MP and starting it right up again, still on the EPG, and everything is ok!
Also, when my tv service is down, for whatever reason (in my case when 'epg grabbing when idle' is on ,MP hangs), the EPG gives me the missing label message.

cybermortel

Portal Member
August 7, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hum, good observation. On my side, the "Missing Label" epg always appeared after a PC reboot as you say. Although, I am pretty shure that when I exit / restart mediaportal, the epg is still missing.

I will try reboot the PC without starting automatically mediaportal tonight. I'll post the results.

cybermortel

Portal Member
August 7, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Update,

Rebooted the PC without mediaportal autostart. Waited for the TVServer service to be started and fired Mediaportal.
No luck... same /$%/% "Label Missing" EPG and no channels available. In fact the only channel that I am able to view is the last one that I watched before EPG crashed.

It's very frustrating (and time consuming) and I am very close to come back to the alpha version.

I cannot find a way to get the EPG back.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom