[EPG] EPG not displaying (1 Viewer)

Leftover

Portal Member
September 28, 2009
Exactly same issue - Add webstream radio station(s) -> Good Bye TV Guide. Delete radio station(s) -> TV Guide comes back.
Looks like a bug to me. So far i could not be able to make TV Guide and Radio live together in peace :)
Just unchecking radio streams doesn't work, you have delete them completely.

cybermortel

Portal Member
August 7, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Well, I guess that the problem has been quite isolated, it should be easy to fix this problem.

Thanks to arikzinger for finding the source !

JF

arikzinger

Portal Member
March 4, 2006
Home Country
Israel Israel
Adding radio channels, crashes the EPG

A another thing I must mention is that I have imported the channels from an export i made from MP 1.02.
As far as I now there were considerable changes to the database from 1.02 to 1.1.0, so maybe the problem is there.

Arik.

THat§s exactly what caused the problem at my end.
Although the news item says you can import the old tv/radio stuff, you can't, it causes this problem with missing epg, slow reaction in epg and other problems. I tried to import on a clean install twice with the same result. A clean install and a clean scan, without the import, solved everything for me.

EDIT: But if you want proper support from the devs, just post all your logfiles acc. to the regulations.
:) It really helps! :)

I have reinstalled Media Portal from scratch.
Manually recreated the tv chanels.
The problem persists. The moment I add a Radio Web Sream Chanel , TV Guide becomes invisible and I get the mesage stating Missing lable in TV guide.

Arik.

Is someone watching this thread?

For some reason, despite the logs attached, no one seams to help.

Arik

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

And sorry for not replying until now. But the problem is I'm not able to reproduce this and probably no one else from the team either as they hopefully would have replied then.

I did however get the Missing label message in TV Guide sometimes around the time when I installed the alpha version I think. Do not remeber exactly how I solved it but I think a reinstall did the trick for me.

But as I said this specific issue I do not have...

//johnzered

flodav

Portal Member
    November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    This is strange, because it is 100% reproducible.

No radio inside TVserver, TV guide is there.
    Add a playlist of radio into TVServer, TV guide is gone
    Delete the radios you've just added in TVServer, the TV guide is back.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think it has something to do with the installation.
    I've always had to install and uninstall MP several times before it all worked, everytime with different strange defects and bugs. I guess the installation is not as flawless as should be. I've had the above problem with label missing several times. But also slow epg, missing channels, tv server crashes and other small failures. A couple of reinstalls, nothing more, finally did the trick to have it all work properly.

All is working fine now, so I hope it stays that way :)

2thor

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Unfortunatly, the same issue here!

Today installed the latest beta on a "clean vista".

Everytime I ad one ore more radiostream, the tv-guide and tv clannel list is gone! ( no matter if stream are checked or not to show in epg)

Is this problem only related to latest beta? ( radiostreams works well on my HTPC with MP1.0.0.0 )

2thor

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Great Pilehave!

Works here!

Had tried creating channel group(s), with no result ... but gues the name "All channels" are the key!?

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Any news regarding this problem...? When will it be fixed in the SVNs?
    I made a complete reinstall of MP using the latest 2009-12-24 SVN and still have the Missing label problem.

I had to create the "All Channels"-group in the radio section to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom