EPG USA setup using xmltv. STICK THIS! (1 Viewer)

crazyjoe02

Portal Member
May 18, 2006
Yes, that's the first thing I did... And when I run the XMLTV exe it creates the program guide XML file and I can see that it is correct by looking at the file, but it's as if MP cannot see it or something... I've checked that the path is correct so I don't know what the problem is...

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
if the TV channels names match exactly the names in zap2it, it shoudl work.

have you right clicked on the guide to grab new guide information? it should go through and grab the new data from the xml file and parse it into the guide

crazyjoe02

Portal Member
May 18, 2006
How do I know if the channel names match the Zap2It names? I thought that was the point of the XMLTVMapper thing... Other than that I guess my computer hates me... Every single PVR that I try gets configured completely correctly and then it still doesn't work... All this hassle because I lost my CD Key for Windows MCE and I want to be able to record my shows again... :-(

crazyjoe02

Portal Member
May 18, 2006
OK, I think I might have messed something up... How do I download the TV Guide XML file from Zap2it? I cannot see an option to do that anywhere on their website...

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
Athfar said:
4) Run "Setup Mediaportal" and skip through the wizard because stuff in the wizard never works for me. Then run it again so you get the regular looking setup GUI.
5) Goto Television > Program Guide. Uncheck "Use time zone information from XMLTV file." Set your "Compensate time zone" to your time zone (ie: mine is -6 for CST).
6) Goto the "Scheduler" tab. Set the "Grabber" to tv_grab_na_dd. Click "Run Grabber."
7) This should run the --configure command for xmltv. If it doesn't bring a command prompt up and ask you for a time zone offset skip down to the bottom to "Manual xmltv --configure".
8) For Timezone offset set +0000. All other settings are explained well or default. This command added all the channels for xmltv to grab in the tv_grab_na_dd.conf. This will also go ahead and grab all the data as well. If you dont see "Downloaded XXXX programs in..." you've done something wrong.

** Manual xmltv --configure **
1) Open command prompt (windows key r > cmd). Type cd c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\xmltv. Type xmltv tv_grab_dd_na --configure. Resume Step 8 from above.
2) Also run the "Run Grabber" again so that you can actually get the data instead of just setting up your .conf.

-Chris

i use the maunal configure. works a little easier

crazyjoe02

Portal Member
May 18, 2006
OK, well I did all that and still nothing... :( It runs fine, asks me for my login/password for Zap2It, then asks me to make sure I'm requesting the correct Cable provider for my area, then does its thing... But again, once that's done and I load up MP, I still see No Data for the TV Guide...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom