Episode Number Formats (1 Viewer)

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My TVGuide xml files contain either "dd_progid" info or both "dd_progid" and "xmltv_ns" episode info.

Sample below for a single program:

<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP00871042.0030</episode-num>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">3.1.</episode-num>

This is not resulting in the EPG database successfully determining %series% and %episode% information that can be added to the recording filename so that TVSeries can do its job.

I'm using m2cxml to create the xml file with SchedulesDirect Json service.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi gibber

During the <programme/> read phase, TV Server only picks up the first <episode-num/> for each <programme/>. Any other <episode-num/> is ignored. So, in your example the dd_progid episode number would be selected and the xmltv_ns one would be ignored.

During the <programme/> handling/parsing phase, TV Server only handles xmltv_ns and onscreen episode number systems. So, in your example the dd_progid episode number would also be ignored.

Cumulative result: no season or episode numbers in the TV Server database.

TV Server only handles xmltv_ns and onscreen because they're the only systems specified in the XMLTV format standard, and also the only systems I'm currently aware of which supply actual season and episode numbers. The dd_progid "EP00..." thing is an identifier for the private/proprietary Gracenote (formerly Tribune Media Services) database. It is not possible to extract season and/or episode numbers from it.

If you want TV Server to pick up season and episode numbers from your XMLTV file, you would need to find a way to remove all the dd_progid <episode-num/> entries before handing it over to TV Server.

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks. I guess I can research how to write a powershell script to run right after mc2xml runs to remove those lines and save a new xml file.

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Tried this on some sample files and it seemed to work - Powershell is quite powerful!

Get-Content .\TVGuidePreProcessed.xml | Where-Object {$_ -notmatch 'dd_progid'} | Set-Content TVGuide.xml

Saved as .ps1 file type and it seems to run fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom