Erratic Playback of Recorded TV on Client Machine (1 Viewer)

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi guys.

Since updating to 1.4.0 i've noticed that playback of recorded tv content has become unstable and erratic,
    similar to bad digital reception.
    At first i thought i had a reception issue, but this was dismissed when i noticed that if i skipped back a few seconds, the segment which initially exhibited playback difficulty actually played fine the second time around.
    This indicates, to me, that there is some network streaming issue.
    This problem does not occur on the server machine. Only on the client.

I will do more testing in the next few days and provide logs, but i just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Which logs do i need to provide ? Client or server logs ?

Thank you.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Which logs do i need to provide ? Client or server logs ?
    Both.
    [edit: ...and ideally provide client + server for problem scenario and server standalone for okay scenario]

Last edited:

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry for the extremely slow response to this post... i've had other urgent matters to take care of..

Now, this issue persists and i cannot for the life of me work out what is going on here.

In addition to my original post, this problem ONLY occurs when watching recorded TV content via "TV --> Recorded TV". If i watch the same content/file by navigating to the recorded TV folder via "VIDEOS" it does not occur and the same file plays just fine. This indicates to me that my LAN is ok and the file is ok... something is wrong with MP streaming..
    And, as i've mentioned before, it started since upgrading to 1.4 beta/pre-release and continues on with 1.5 pre-release.

I have attached logs from both client and server.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, the TVSeries database on the client appears to be corrupt, and I suspect that may have something to do it. Please delete (or replace from backup) Q:\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 then try again.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm confused.. how would that affect recorded TV playback ?[DOUBLEPOST=1377684934][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, the TV series database you are referring to is not used...

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm confused.. how would that affect recorded TV playback ?[DOUBLEPOST=1377684934][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually, the TV series database you are referring to is not used...
    Well, then it shouldn't matter if you delete it. ;)

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Are you referring to the one in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database ??

If so, Done !! Deleted !

Now what ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom