1.25.0 5031: Error on Install. (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP1 Version
    Describe the Problem you encounter as detailed as possible! "It does not work" won't help the team to understand the problem.
    Description:
    An error occurred during install, please see attached screenshot. After pressing the error notification OK button multiple times (same error each time) the install then ran to completion and so far all major items seem to be OK. The shortcuts I had setup in 1.25pre using the MultiShortcut plug-in are no longer working though,as the changes I made to BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml to support them, have been over written. Could that be the problem?
    I like the new installer GUI, nice one.:)

inst_1.jpg

Describe as detailed as possible the steps that are required to encounter the issue. This info is critical for the team to understand the problem.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    Run MP 1.25 Install, Win 10 pro x64 (1909) fully up to date.

-

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    This is an old mistake that sometimes occurs and sometimes does not occur, and we cannot catch it, most often it occurs when registering fonts. But this error does not affect the installation and should not interfere with the subsequent operation of the Media Portal.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I think this line show this error - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1
    Maybe need remove this, and add error line to log file (how?) Or change text like "Font installation error: bla-bla-bla - Keep calm and enjoy using the Media Portal."

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The shortcuts I had setup in 1.25pre using the MultiShortcut plug-in are no longer working though,as the changes I made to BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml to support them, have been over written
    Well, that´s the normal behaviour ;)
    If you change your personalized BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml, you should always backup it before installing new version ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I wonder if it should be an error message - as far as it seems the fonts are installed correctly?
    I tried to remove the font before installing it in one of the old versions (on which this error was almost constant) and it disappeared, and I made conclusions for myself (maybe not true) that when the font is already installed on the system, it sometimes occurs and sometimes not .
    If the font is not installed and this error has occurred, it is bad, if installed and it has arisen, this can be ignored. It is necessary either to change the installation procedure (which may lead to other problems) or to output this error to the log file, or not to do anything and from time to time we will receive feedback that it exists (which, it seems to me, is not very good).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom