Experimental service version (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Did I miss something? What is the "experimental service version" (see issue tracker)??? Sounds interesting.

:D

JonJon

Portal Member
    April 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Its a new version of the plug-in but as a windows service (i.e. sits on the server on 24/7) so that it allows multiple clients to a single database (SQLite, MySQL or MS SQL). Certain aspects are being redesign to overcome current short comings and some new features that should make things a little easier for everyone.

The "Multi-seat plugin - How should it work?" thread was me trying to get some feedback so we could better design multiple client functionality. So if you have an opinion head over and added!

Current development is focusing on importing, once that and related configurations are done, we hope to release an alpha for users to test and compare to the current plug-in.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    JonJon was last active on the forums 2010-07-28 13:32

However, other work has been done since then, no ETA, but something to test (for tweakers only!) should be ready in the next few weeks.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Experimental service version

Is the branch experimental_alternate_sql already usable? I merged already all actual changes in it which seemed to work fine. :)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I don't know, if it works for you apparently it is.
    This branch is not what I meant with "other work" though.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Experimental service version

I haven't tested it. I just have merged the trunk into this branch locally. Could you explain other work a little bit more? Couldn't find anything on / at the SVN.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Well, we try not to hype/announce anything until we are confident it'll happen (in the not too distant future). If you'd like to know more, you can always ask in IRC (freenode #mp-tvseries).

Users who are viewing this thread