Experimental TsReader development (2 Viewers)

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    v45 is working fine here to!
    Cant say that Iv noticed any huge changes, but its not slower anyhow ;)

thx!
    /tompa

edit: it looks like it starts a bit faster first time tuning :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Tony,

Im sorry to say that its worse :(

With v45 channel changes now takes 5-6 seconds. With 1.2.1 it takes 2-3 seconds.

Logs attached. Note that i have switched back to rtsp since the UNC path option sometimes fails on me (see post above)

Logs attached.

Regards
    Jacob

Hi Mylle,

Can you do the same tests with the 'Area51' TsReader.ax -> here <- (the 0_4_17a version), this is the closest 'standard' version to v45 functionallity (it has the same graph rebuilding mods etc).

The MP 1.2.1 TsReader.ax doesn't have the SD<->HD 'graph rebuild on zapping' mods (which are in MP 1.2.2), so it will be faster with RTSP and SD<->HD zapping - the mods were added because some codecs can't handle this => black screens.

Tony

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello I have test your new Version v45. But after a little while I get a big stuttering so I can't watch the channel. I must stop Live-TV and start it again. Then I can watch maybee 10 minutes. It happens with the 'Area51' TsReader.ax, too. The most time it happens only with the HD channels. I have test LAV Filters and the Microsoft Codec. The CPU is all the time under 50 % and the Energy Option is set to high. It must be a Client problem, is that right ?

Attachments

• log (2).zip
      96.7 KB
    • log Server.zip
      2 MB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello I have test your new Version v45. But after a little while I get a big stuttering so I can't watch the channel. I must stop Live-TV and start it again. Then I can watch maybee 10 minutes. It happens with the 'Area51' TsReader.ax, too. The most time it happens only with the HD channels. I have test LAV Filters and the Microsoft Codec. The CPU is all the time under 50 % and the Energy Option is set to high. It must be a Client problem, is that right ?

Yes (I think) - there a lot of "FRITZ!Box Manager: " and "MusicInfoHandler" lines in the MediaPortal.log - try disabling those plug-ins and see if the problem goes away....

Tony

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i test this new tsreader too with UNC and Cyberlink 11 codecs and works very fine and fast here, without any stuttering, big thanks for your hard work.:cool:

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm sorry! This new forum confused me. I was actually reading 13 pages back..

I was commenting on this:

AW: Experimental TsReader development

I think I've found a problem with the current version:
    If you start a recording and begin watching this recording while MP is still recording and after a while you're getting to the live point (MP still recording) MP suddenly stops playback (like the recording is finished)

Again, but maybe a bit more detailed:
    1. start recording
    2. start watching recording (MP is still recording)
    3. after some time you're getting to the live point (because you skipped commercial or any other reason), MP is still recording
    4. sometimes MP stops the playback of the recording like it would be finished (but MP is still recording)

logs attached :)
    Time: ~19:58

But now I see you may allready solved it...?

Re: AW: Experimental TsReader development

I'll take a look at the duration/position reporting code in case there is anything obvious.

EDIT - might have found something that could cause more lag in the duration updates than there should be...

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom