Experimental TsReader development (2 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is it any better if you use a non-DXVA codec like LAV video or FFDShow ?

Do you know which version of noStopMod TsReader this problem first appeared for you ?

Tony

I've tested with LAV and FFDShow and it's the same. The only difference is that it freezes on the picture at the last point (i.e. before skipping back/forward) for a couple of seconds before resuming play at the new point, whereas with PowerDVD the picture jumps to the new point and freezes there.

I had this problem with v44 but not v41, but that does stutter briefly when skipping or starting/changing channels. I don't get this with 1.2.2 so I'm using that for now.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Can both the tsreader mod and the dshowhelper mod be used with WIN XP or only with WIN 7? (I have one client running XP and VMR9 and one running WIN7 and EVR)

They are both OK for all OS's that MP supports, but the dshowhelper mods are for EVR only (VMR9 part is the same as standard version, so no change for XP).

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I've tested with LAV and FFDShow and it's the same. The only difference is that it freezes on the picture at the last point (i.e. before skipping back/forward) for a couple of seconds before resuming play at the new point, whereas with PowerDVD the picture jumps to the new point and freezes there.

I had this problem with v44 but not v41, but that does stutter briefly when skipping or starting/changing channels. I don't get this with 1.2.2 so I'm using that for now.

OK, thanks - can you try v43 (no need for logs, I just want to know if it triggers the problem so I can narrow down the code changes) ?

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    tsreader 1.2.1 is working fine for me. all my codecs are set to LAV. I dont see the "Black Sceen" problem switching from SD > HD but then again it supposedly does not happen with all codecs?

If it does not happen with every codec, how do we determine that the tsreader is at fault and not the codec? LAV seems to be very stable. I dont have any issues at all.

regards
    Jacob

I'll add a debug reg key option in the next version to disable the graph rebuild on a video size change (SD<->HD zapping).

Tony

JACOB B

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    They are both OK for all OS's that MP supports, but the dshowhelper mods are for EVR only (VMR9 part is the same as standard version, so no change for XP).

Tony

What is the difference between dwm and non- dwm dshowhelper, in other words when to use which version?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    OK, thanks - can you try v43 (no need for logs, I just want to know if it triggers the problem so I can narrow down the code changes) ?

Tony

Sure. Just tried v43 (with both PowerDVD and LAV decoders) and it's the same as v44/45.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I wonder if it's an SMB2 caching problem - see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff686200(v=ws.10).aspx - note there is a 'File Not Found Cache' - maybe you could try modifying some of the SMB registry keys (see the 'recommendations' section at the end of the article).

Tony

I actually just discovered today that my MS security essentials might be causing trouble on my tv-server. I did have an exception set to exclude realtime scanning on my timeshift drive. However when i disabled realtime scanning all together my tuning times on the server (test channels) would nearly be reduced to half what it was (14-1500ms to 800ms) Now i have excluded mediaportal folders in both program files and program data. I have also excluded *.ts from real time scanning and now i get the same results as with realtime scanning disabled. Who knows if the culprit to my "file not found" could be caused by Antivirus locking the timeshift file. I will do some more testing and also revisit NonstopMOD v45 and report back.

Thanks for all your help Tony!

Regards
    Jacob

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It would be nice to have our installer detect the presence of AV software then query the user to follow these steps in order to maximize performance.
    We already do something similar for the builtin firewall.
    Although I'm not sure the MP installer is able to automatically apply this to the AV software.
    I guess most media related files could be excluded also.

/gibman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom