Experimental TsReader development (2 Viewers)

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Mylle,

Can you do the same tests with the 'Area51' TsReader.ax -> here <- (the 0_4_17a version), this is the closest 'standard' version to v45 functionallity (it has the same graph rebuilding mods etc).

The MP 1.2.1 TsReader.ax doesn't have the SD<->HD 'graph rebuild on zapping' mods (which are in MP 1.2.2), so it will be faster with RTSP and SD<->HD zapping - the mods were added because some codecs can't handle this => black screens.

Tony
Hi Tony,

0.4.17a is just as slow as v45 for me..... 5-6 second.

I noticed one thing though. As you can see in my logs i flip through the first 6 channels in my list to make the test. They all take around 5-6 seconds except the switch to "tv2 charlie". That takes only 3 seconds. Does that make sense?

Regards
Jacob

Attachments

• 0.4.17a.rar
    19.8 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes - the last zap doesn't change the video frame size (it's an SD->SD zap), so it doesn't trigger a video graph rebuild (which adds 2-3 seconds because it has to stop the RTSP stream, swap the video decoder and restart the stream).

Tony

P.S. - I did have a quick look at the UNC paths 'Could not open file' problem, but (like the other people who've looked at it), I can't see why it should fail like that - Windows is just reporting that the file doesn't exist (i.e. the path is OK and the permissions are OK, it just can't find the file to open). What is your timeshift file setup - how many/what size are the files, and is it on hard disk or ram disk ?

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    OK. Thanks.

Yes. The UNC path issue is weird and there is no logic in when it happens.

The file DOES exist even when windows says it cannot find it.

Timeshift.
    Minimum = 6 files
    Maximum = 20 files
    Filesize = 256mb
    Wait for unscrambled signal = 3 sec
    wait for timeshifting file = 5 sec

Mediaportal tv server is installed on windows 7 on an SSD disk. The timeshift file is on a 4 gb ramdisk.

tsreader 1.2.1 is working fine for me. all my codecs are set to LAV. I dont see the "Black Sceen" problem switching from SD > HD but then again it supposedly does not happen with all codecs?

If it does not happen with every codec, how do we determine that the tsreader is at fault and not the codec? LAV seems to be very stable. I dont have any issues at all.

regards
    Jacob

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Tsreader0045 is really fast and smooth, but I get freezing after some minutes for some seconds, before the playback continues. Using tsreader0039 doesn't show the problem. I'll post a tsreaderlog tomorrow.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Unfortunately v45 still has the problem here where the picture freezes for about 2 seconds every time I skip backward/forward. 1.2.2 doesn't do this.

I made the attached logs in single-screen playing a TV Recording but it's exactly the same with Live TV.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Unfortunately v45 still has the problem here where the picture freezes for about 2 seconds every time I skip backward/forward. 1.2.2 doesn't do this.

I made the attached logs in single-screen playing a TV Recording but it's exactly the same with Live TV.

Is it any better if you use a non-DXVA codec like LAV video or FFDShow ?

Do you know which version of noStopMod TsReader this problem first appeared for you ?

Tony

JACOB B

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just for information too, MP 1.2.2 (custom build) + Dshowhelper 0.92 + TSreader 39 + LAV 0.42-45-gbd824b1 (0.43 Rc) Work very fine. Congratulation to you Owlsroost to made the first MP functionality better and better ;-)
    I keep seeing references to Dshowhelper 0.92. However, a search doesn't provide any information. Can anyone point in the right direction, i.e. information on what and why + download ... :)
    Thanks,
    JAcob

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Zapping with v45 is really fast.
    What I have is that when zapping between SD FTA channels I have two or three stutters withinthe first 10 seconds of playback after channel change. Maybe it zapps to fast here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom