Expressions/Rules requests (2 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Strangely this doesn't work for me:
    revenge.s01e09.dvdrip.xvid-demand
    I can't see why it shouldn't, tho'

When I test it on default filename expression, it works fine.

Granted it uses "dvdrip" as "Episode Title", but that is no problem as TheTVdB info will overwrite that.

Did you ever mess around with custom parsing expressions? If you did then a reset to default ones might be an option to fix it.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've only added a custom parsing. Will try to reset tho'.

There was also a .nfo (and other stuff) - but that shouldn't "confuse" parsing...

Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hallo,
    can anyone help me with these?

TV Shows/Serie/Season 1/01 Title (HD).m4v
    TV Shows/Serie/Season 1/02 Title (HD).m4v
    TV Shows/Serie/Season 2/01 Title (HD).m4v

TheTVDB, generally uses 1x02 1x03 or S01E02 etc, personally use the first option, saves a lot of correcting ;)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have posted a request @ here:

"An awesome feature would be this:

When a piece of artwork is missing: You can drag a picture to the empty space in the configuration, and the file will be automaticly uploaded to thetvdb.com. If that where possible???

But I don't know if the API from thetvdb.com supports this kind of interactive methods.

Cheers"

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys
    Can anyone help me with parsing this tv show:
    D:\_tvshows\Community season 2 Complete HDTV Bzingaz\Community Season 2 Episode 2 – Accounting for Lawyers - TVBooM.mp4

i have used the simple expression below but no joy:
    <series>\<series> Season <season>\Episode <episode> - <title>.<ext>

MP can not split out the episode and episode title. i would appreciate any help and sorry if this has been posted before

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi guys
    Can anyone help me with parsing this tv show:
    D:\_tvshows\Community season 2 Complete HDTV Bzingaz\Community Season 2 Episode 2 – Accounting for Lawyers - TVBooM.mp4

i have used the simple expression below but no joy:

MP can not split out the episode and episode title. i would appreciate any help and sorry if this has been posted before

You are missing the logic of the expressions.

<series> = Community
    <season> = 2
    <episode> = 2
    <title> = Accounting for Laywers
    <ext> = mp4

So it is looking for: Community\Community Season 2\Episode 2 - Accounting for Laywers.mp4
    And you try to feed it: Community season 2 Complete HDTV Bzingaz\Community Season 2 Episode 2 – Accounting for Lawyers - TVBooM.mp4

Can you guess why it fails?

Now you have a few solutions:

1. Rename your filenames to a supported format, you can use 3rd party tools such as FileBot to do this very quick.

2. Add all the random info as a string replacement to fix it. For example "Season " --> " - S" and " Epsode " --> "E" string replacement entries would turn "Community Season 2 Episode 2 – Accounting for Lawyers - TVBooM.mp4" --> "Community - S2E2 – Accounting for Lawyers - TVBooM.mp4", which will actually allow the default primary regular expression to work. It will add " - TVBooM" to the episode title, but this gets fixed by MP-TVSeries afterwards anyway

3. Create an expression that actually matches what you are using for filenames

gambler3k

Portal Member
    March 11, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Edit: bumb
    ok, in my case it seems to fetch all sample files that starts with the word sample
    like this one
    /Sample/sample-112.pa.liv.och.dod.s07e09.swedish.pdtv.x264-prince.mp4

but this one is ignored
    /Sample/112.pa.liv.och.dod.s07e11.swedish.pdtv.x264-d2v.sample.mp4

how can i change the default expressions to make it ignore both?
    aby help would be much appreciated

And one more thing, is it possible to make it ignore all .rar archives`?
    Because in my synology nas i use the download station torrentclient and have the option to autoextract when download is completed, and then i get double episodes of everything. thats because i can't get rarfilesource to play rararchive i need to extract them.

Last edited:

Big_Chubbz

Portal Member
    April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am trying to get MP-TV Series to recognize Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune for automatic import. Because the shows air daily, I need them to match by <firstaired>. The file formats are below.

Wheel:
    wof040313-walmart

Jeopardy:
    Jeopardy.2013.04.26.720p.HDTV.AAC2.0.x264-BTN

As you probably already know, TVDB needs the original air date in the format yyyy-mm-dd (I think).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying trial and error using string replacements and parsing expressions to no avail. Since I don't understand regex's, I think I may not be able to get this done without help.

Thanks!

ETA: I got Jeopardy working, but Wheel is giving me fits because the date is in the wrong order in the file name. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

bobert24

Portal Member
    April 5, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just spent 2 hours with Bulk Rename Utility & TV Rename, trying to get my files & folders all in order so that they can be recognized. I've got them in just about as plain a format as you could possibly hope:
    Series\Season #\S##E## - Title.ext
    For example:
    TV\30 Rock\Season 1\S01E01 - Pilot.avi

And yet MP-TV Series for some reason just can't figure out the season & episode information. From what I've seen, this is about as plain & standard a format as you can get (and it's one of the defaults in TV Rename).

I have a few shows that don't have multiple seasons, and as such are all in one folder. MP-TV has no problems with those. For example, it picks this one up immediately:
    Firefly\S01E01 - The Train Job.mkv

I'm not sure how this isn't covered by a default included rule, but I've added the following rules (among others) to try to work with this, but still absolutely no luck:
    <series>\Season <season>\<season><episode> - <title>.<ext>
    <series>\Season <season>\S<season>E<episode> - <title>.<ext>

Does anybody have any clue what I'm missing? This isn't exactly my first time dealing with scripting, expressions, etc., but I'm obviously missing something. Without any kind of documentation to check, all I can do is ask here.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm not sure how this isn't covered by a default included rule, but I've added the following rules (among others) to try to work with this, but still absolutely no luck:

Those should have worked just fine. Did you re-arrange their order to be first priority? You might be dealing with false positives from higher prioritized expressions, which means the system never ends up processing yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom