Expressions/Rules requests (3 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If it's possible to do math operation in regex then the capture group could return the S+1 but im not sure if that's even possible.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a TV show that comes to me labeled with a different season than what is within the TVDB.com web site. The TV show on TVDB.com has 9 seasons, however when I get these shows, they are 1 season behind (because TVDB.com splits up season 1 into 1 & 2, where as the naming pattern outsid eof TVDB.com combines season 1&2 into just season 1)

Is there a way to write an expression so that when MP-TVseries sees for example "TV.Show.Name.S08E02"

It matches the TV show name BUT increases the season to S09 instead of S08 for matching?

Thank you very much
    -S

The easiest way is to rename your files before they are parsed by MP-TVSeries.

Simply use an automated rename system that is compatible with TheTVdB. For example SickBeard, TheReNamer, FileBot, TVDB Renamer, MediaRenamer, MyRenamer, etc, etc. Simply add this as post-processing to your method of obtaining the media and you are good to go.

If you like to punish yourself, you could add a bunch of string replacement rules, that turn "TV Show Name S..E" into "TV Show Name S..E" and enable the option to run the replacement before running the expressions. Keep in mind that you might need to do them reverse, because if you change S04E into S05E first then the next replacement might still be activated and turn that into S06E, etc... So if you start off with "S09E --> S10E" and the next one is "S08E --> S09E" then you avoid that problem. Not even sure if that would occur though, never tested for it.

Thanks for the help. The renaming is the easiest and makes the most sense for a collection stand point and fro running through MP-TV series, but the problem comes into play when I want to keep seeding the files that I have d/l. I can change the name of the files and keep seeding, but it is a real pain.
    Maybe I'll just create a replacement string for the season and each season make a new one. I'll have to try and see if I can stop the cascade effect you speculated about.

Maybe I'll just not reseed these files.

-S

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'll have to try and see if I can stop the cascade effect you speculated about.

That's why I gave the answer to that already

Possbily wrong (cascade error can occur):

S01E -> S02E​
    S02E -> S03E​
    S03E -> S04E​

Problem avoided:

S03E -> S04E​
    S02E -> S03E​
    S01E -> S02E​

It just looks weird in the list, but it will work. And current system might simply stop processing the following rules when it finds a match, I've never actually ran into that theoretical situation myself where rule #5 could be activated after rule #1 changed things that cause rule #5 to match as well.

MojoFlow

Portal Member
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This is probably an easy one.

I have Coronation Street episodes in the following name format:

Coronation Street_12.07.12_53x135.avi

So, my current rules are getting the correct season and episode, but it is including that date field in the show title (ie. Coronation Street_12.07.12), so in my list of TV shows, I am seeing many 'Coronation Street_yy.mm.dd' entries instead of one.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a filter or setting to get rid of the _yy.mm.dd extra info?

Cheers!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thread move action created a new one instead of merging with the existing, but here goes:

Does anyone have a suggestion on a filter or setting to get rid of the _yy.mm.dd extra info?

Add a replacement string entry with checkbox 'regular expression' and 'before' selected that turns "_\d+\.\d+\.\d+_" into "."

This is easier then modifying a whole new parsing expression.

Last edited:

king79

June 20, 2010
    Hallo,
    can anyone help me with these?

TV Shows/Serie/Season 1/01 Title (HD).m4v
    TV Shows/Serie/Season 1/02 Title (HD).m4v
    TV Shows/Serie/Season 2/01 Title (HD).m4v

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom