External player (2 Viewers)

racerxnet

Portal Member
April 29, 2009
Guys,

Thanks for checking this out. I hope there is a solution for this, as I am sure that many people play ripped files the same as I do.

MAK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for checking this out.
    You're welcome. :)

I hope there is a solution for this, as I am sure that many people play ripped files the same as I do.
    I'm not so sure that many people would make rips like this or use an external player. Otherwise we probably would have received a bug report earlier. ;)
    Anyhow, attached is a patched Core.dll for MP 1.6 final which should allow you to do what you want. :)

Attachments

• Core.zip
      1.1 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep like MP is able to play DVD maybe is was on purpose or it was an issue but really don't know :)
    Does is impact Blu-ray too ?

Found it :)
    MP1-4158 : Enable Blu-ray to be played when setting up external player from DVD Section. (Fix to only enable external player for Images/Disc)
    The link : https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4158

So it seems that logic is wrong and we have a regression here now.

I didn't try to debug to see what happen but surely need a change :)

racerxnet

Portal Member
    April 29, 2009
    I want to thank you guys/gals for the professional response with my problem. Your new.dll swap worked like great. I hope it is incorporated into the latest build.

Thanks,

MAK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    could you post the patch :) ?
    I simply removed this code:
    Code:
      // check if we are running from Images / Discs
      string pathRoot = Path.GetPathRoot(strFile);
      if (Util.Utils.getDriveType(pathRoot) == 5 && !bInternalDVD)
      {
      bInternalDVD = false;
      }
      else
      {
      bInternalDVD = true;
      }

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok :)

Need Jira / Branch for it and testing regression this was added for playing bluray from external player if i'm not wrong lol. But not fully sure why (for a reason for sure but it seems cause regression for other part).

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi, although it's great this is fixed, I was using this to give me a separate player for blu-ray only. Is there any way of continuing this without using MovingPictures plugin? Even if it meant a script returning 0 to use internal or something I don't really mind.

Obviously ideal would be a selectable list of media types to use external player.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there any way of continuing this without using MovingPictures plugin?
    That depends on what you EXACTLY want ;)

If you only use MyVideos, and have more filetypes in there then just bluray, you shouldn't use the External Player from MyVideos, because then every movie will be played with the external player. What you could do (or maybe you have it like this) is make ISOs of your blu-ray movies, and then setup an External Player in the 'DVD Discs/Images' section.
    If you ONLY have bluray movies in MyVideos, you can still use the External Player setting.

The above is valid when you have your movies ripped to HDD. If you have blu-ray discs, those will still play fine with an external player, if you set that up in 'DVD Discs/Images' section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom