External player (1 Viewer)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I want blu-ray to be treated separately so I can use TMT for that and leave DVD with the internal player. Both are in ISO format and until just recently it was doing exactly that (the external player only triggering for blu-ray), sadly only because of the bug!

Is there a place I could request the enhancement?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Yes, you just did ;)

MP1-4472: Rework DVD Discs/Images External Player with separate settings for DVD and Blu-ray

But don't expect it too soon though. Might be a pretty big rework.

HomeY it is again a pleasure to converse with you, thank you!

If I were to make a patch to the 'External Player' panel so you could checkbox select which type (x DVD x blu-ray) would that be a worthwhile fix for MP1-4472? Obviously that means only 1 external player configurable, but I feel that might be the main use case.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If I were to make a patch to the 'External Player' panel so you could checkbox select which type (x DVD x blu-ray) would that be a worthwhile fix for MP1-4472? Obviously that means only 1 external player configurable, but I feel that might be the main use case.
    Patches are MORE then welcome ;) Those can always help speed-up the process.

As you can read in the JIRA issue, that's exactly what i was proposing ;)
    Checkboxes and act on those, so either DVD OR Blu-ray OR both would be played with the external player, based on user selection.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    [edit: Ignore me, didn't realise there were other new posts... :oops:]

If you only use MyVideos, and have more filetypes in there then just bluray, you shouldn't use the External Player from MyVideos, because then every movie will be played with the external player.
    For videos (mkv, mov, mp4 etc.) you can specify the extensions that should be played with external player.

What you could do (or maybe you have it like this) is make ISOs of your blu-ray movies, and then setup an External Player in the 'DVD Discs/Images' section.
    If you ONLY have bluray movies in MyVideos, you can still use the External Player setting.
    The above is valid when you have your movies ripped to HDD. If you have blu-ray discs, those will still play fine with an external player, if you set that up in 'DVD Discs/Images' section.
    I'm not so sure this will work.
    bdmv, ifo and iso are controlled by the DVD external player setting. That means it makes no difference if you play a DVD folder or an ISO from the videos section - whether they're played with the external player is controlled by the DVD external player setting, which doesn't allow you to specify the extensions to play with the external player.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Patches are MORE then welcome ;) Those can always help speed-up the process.

As you can read in the JIRA issue, that's exactly what i was proposing ;)
    Checkboxes and act on those, so either DVD OR Blu-ray OR both would be played with the external player, based on user selection.

Ok I have a dev environment setup so I'll see what I can do.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Configuration done, just updating scary core code on a woefully underpowered VM. Will have something tomorrow or Friday depending on other commitments.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I just have to do a little testing first but I think it's done. I have added 2 new checkboxes to configuration, and use those settings in g_player to make the right choice. How would you like the code? I have written against latest master.

PS. call it v1, I'm happy to make further changes such as the headers etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom