External player (1 Viewer)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Ok here is a zip of the 2 changed files in patch form. It was created against current master. I would appreciate comments, I think my g_player implementation is a bit ropey, perhaps it should be embedded into the 'if' statement below? I felt it was complicated enough to understand without my stuff on top there. The configuration changes are straightforward but my designer seems to have shifted the source code making a much bigger patch than should be.

I tested out on the main TV and it works as hoped. I think the wording next to the new checkboxes needs to lose 'external player' as it's already understood.

So, if you guys want, I could start renaming the section and make other changes to clean up the wording.

Attachments

• MP1-4472 patch v1.zip
      3.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, I think this patch can be improved. We have a dedicated configuration section for Blu-ray (already with a "use internal Blu-ray menu player" option), so personally for consistency I'd like to see the external Blu-ray player configuration go somewhere under there. That separation would also mean you could choose a different external player for DVDs and Blu-rays if you really wanted to. The virtual drive and autoplay sections should also really come out from under DVD as well, because they apply for Blu-ray as well. One step at a time though...

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Completely agree. if you feel this would be included in future MP I'd be happy to work on such a change.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sure. :)
    If it were me I might try and convert the "DVD Discs/Images Player" subsection to a component that can be reused by both sections, in a similar way to the post processing sections.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Oh dear, I have been 'that guy'. I got caught up in a different project. Apologies. Might be something soonish but no guarantees. My apologies if anyone was waiting for this.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmmm, I think this patch can be improved. We have a dedicated configuration section for Blu-ray (already with a "use internal Blu-ray menu player" option), so personally for consistency I'd like to see the external Blu-ray player configuration go somewhere under there.
    Just read this reply.
    Might be useful to clarify that this option has nothing to do with an external player, but targets the menu player. Checking this option means BDReader is used, unchecking this option means LAVSplitter is used (both with the internal player).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom