Extract DVD Play from "My Videos" (1 Viewer)

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
Hello

What about extracting "Play DVD" from "My Video" and incorporate it in the nice "My DVD" plugin ?

A

Anonymous

Jean-Max said:
Hello

What about extracting "Play DVD" from "My Video" and incorporate it in the nice "My DVD" plugin ?

100% in agreement.
this would be excellent

big difference between them

johnbobjamesson

Portal Pro
June 17, 2004
Crailsheim
Doesn't make much sense to me. DVD is well kept under videos, that's where it belongs. I have access to my DVDs stored on the harddisk and the DVDs on a - ah, guess - DVD.

I would, however, be in favour for taking the TV program out of the TV section. That way I could schedule recordings with the Radio running in the background ;-)

J.

A

Anonymous

I concur

Removing the DVD Player from Video Section would open the door to external DVD Plugins.

I was kinda thinking about taking the VideoLan Libraries and building a integrated DVD Player type app.

Is there any other reason to remove it?

A

Anonymous

johnbobjamesson said:
Doesn't make much sense to me. DVD is well kept under videos, that's where it belongs. I have access to my DVDs stored on the harddisk and the DVDs on a - ah, guess - DVD.

I would, however, be in favour for taking the TV program out of the TV section. That way I could schedule recordings with the Radio running in the background ;-)

J.

well to me the video section should just be for video files
and a dvd section should be well.. for playing dvds

A

Anonymous

So are dvd's I have ripped to my hard drive dvd's or videos? Maybe my videos is a misnomer, we can rename it to one "My Movies" section and make everyone happy!

A

Anonymous

ievolve said:
So are dvd's I have ripped to my hard drive dvd's or videos? Maybe my videos is a misnomer, we can rename it to one "My Movies" section and make everyone happy!

dvds ripped to your hard drive are technically video files

dvds have a full slew of features such as trailers, menus, menus, etc that normal videos do not have.

videos and dvds are so distinctly different that to me it makes no sense to have them bunched up in the same cagegory, it can especially confused new users who are looking for the dvd section.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hiho,

favian said:
    ievolve said:

dvds ripped to your hard drive are technically video files

dvds have a full slew of features such as trailers, menus, menus, etc that normal videos do not have.

Ripped DVDs, also have all of those things. ;)

Anyway, i think, splitting this section up is something to consider.

In the thread about the new version 0.2 there was an other suggestions for a new menu structure, which i liked very much. On the main menu there should be things like "Music", "Video", "Misc" "Settings" and then in the submenu of e.g. "Video": "TV", "Movies", "DVD", etc.

I would also like to have the TV Guide sepparted. When i browse it, i mostly want to hear music and not watch TV. ;)

Flip.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I myself have never understood a seperate plugin for a dvd.

I would like that button removed to, but not to be used @ all.
    We have autolaunch, or when you browse to the drive you have shared you can get the question if you wanna play the disc.

Why a seperate dvd plugin?
    It's just a movie with some extra's.
    You can put your dvd's in the same video database as we have now.
    So when you got people over you can enjoy looking through your movie database and search for the movie you wanna see.
    Regardless of it being on a cd, dvd or HD.

Having MyDVD al;so asks for a MyVCD and a MySVCD and a MyCD, maybe for rips a MyHD ???

those r my toughts about it.

Users who are viewing this thread