F9 menu - no subtitle option (1 Viewer)

Ronner

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
When I press F9, usually there is an option that says "subtitles" when the file that's playing has subtitles. This works fine in moving-pictures for instance, but in mytvseries I simply don't have a "subtitles" option in the F9 menu, even if the file that's playing has subtitles and is displaying them.

I usually turn them off, but other members of my family like subtitles to be on. So normally I just press F9, go to subtitles and select "none" but I simply don't have that option in the F9 Menu op mytvseries.

What could be wrong?

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
When I press F9, usually there is an option that says "subtitles" when the file that's playing has subtitles. This works fine in moving-pictures for instance, but in mytvseries I simply don't have a "subtitles" option in the F9 menu, even if the file that's playing has subtitles and is displaying them.

I usually turn them off, but other members of my family like subtitles to be on. So normally I just press F9, go to subtitles and select "none" but I simply don't have that option in the F9 Menu op mytvseries.

What could be wrong?

Ditto here!

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Use the L key on your keyboard, that is the shortcut for going through subtitles. Or if you have a remote, on most remotes that is the Yellow Button.

As an alternative, start up the OSD (Y key, cannot remember which remote button as I remapped it), go into the subtitles section and disable them.

Ronner

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Use the L key on your keyboard, that is the shortcut for going through subtitles. Or if you have a remote, on most remotes that is the Yellow Button.

As an alternative, start up the OSD (Y key, cannot remember which remote button as I remapped it), go into the subtitles section and disable them.

I think you missed the part that it works everywhere, except for mptvseries ;-)

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Well, I double-checked on my installation, and I do have the subtitles option in my F9 menu. Checked both in Black Glass and in Blue3Wide. Using the latest MP TV Series and latest SVN. Maybe you need to give more info about your setup.

But both my alternative suggestions are different ways of toggling subtitles. You mean these don't work either ?

Ronner

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I use mediaportal 1.0.2 with indigo 2.8 and mptvseries v2.3.3589

is it a streamedmp + tvseries problem?

What is a streamedmp?

But both my alternative suggestions are different ways of toggling subtitles. You mean these don't work either ?

I just found out that all methods work, but only if the subtitles are embedded, not when they are seperate SRT files.

Got a ton of mkv episodes that have subs in the mkv container, and those work, but the eps where I have seperate SRT files, none of the methods work to enable/disable the subs.

Could very well be a bug.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Again, this is from memory...

Somewhere along the development, full support for subtitles has been added. I know it is definitely present in later SVN versions, and might have been present already in 1.1.0 beta release.

I can point you in three directions:

cpp2005 posted binaries to give full support for subtitles in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...48/integration-mpc-hc-subtitles-engine-54130/

Hoborg is making a "codec pack" (not a good name, but I'll use it for lack of better choice) called SAF, which does include the possibility to have full support for subtitles: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1). - Page 433 - MediaPortal Forum

You could take the plunge and install 1.1.0 beta with a SVN version.

Ronner

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Again, this is from memory...

Somewhere along the development, full support for subtitles has been added. I know it is definitely present in later SVN versions, and might have been present already in 1.1.0 beta release.

I can point you in three directions:

cpp2005 posted binaries to give full support for subtitles in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...48/integration-mpc-hc-subtitles-engine-54130/

Hoborg is making a "codec pack" (not a good name, but I'll use it for lack of better choice) called SAF, which does include the possibility to have full support for subtitles: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1). - Page 433 - MediaPortal Forum

You could take the plunge and install 1.1.0 beta with a SVN version.

I took a plunge before installing one of the RC's and that pretty much screwed up the plugins (namely tvseries) alltogether so if I'm going to do that I'm doing it from scratch. But since there is too much stuff to configure, I'll just wait till the final release and the releases of moving pictures/tvseries/indigo that work correctly with the final release before doing a reinstall.

I can live with subtitles being borked for tvseries for now ;)

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
In that case, have a look at cpp2005's binaries. It worked very well when I was still running 1.0.2. And if you rename the original binary before copying over the new one, you can always revert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom