F9 menu - no subtitle option (2 Viewers)

Ronner

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I just looked at the moving pictures code that handles playing, and as far as I can tell its doing the exact same thing tvseries is, that is simply hand off the file to the MP internal player. So what youre saying really surprises me. It's fine that you dont use myVideos, but it would help if you could try it.

Can somebody confirm that the EXACT same file/subtitle pair works in moving pictures but not mytvseries using the internal player?

When I get home from work I'll try them in myVideos. I'll have to reset my settings back to how I had it before using cpp2005's binaries and run the same video files through moving pictures, tvseries and myvideos and report back on my findings.

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
Being on mp 1.0.2 and using TVSeries (stable, not sure what exact version) + srt files, I can tell you the F9 approach (or "i" button on remote) works to use the dialog screen to select the correct srt file (when using several languages) or disable/enable the subtitle.

Not for me using 1.0.2 and StreamedMP.

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
I can confirm this is not an issue with StreamedMP. I also just tried Blue3Wide, and my F9 menu brings up no option in the list for subtitles, and L does nothing.

vect

Portal Member
January 5, 2010
Mainz
Home Country
Germany Germany
I think its propably a stupid question, but I'm using mp 1.1 having the problem not seeing the subtitle option in tvseries and movingpictures as well. I use the newest SAF version and everything ist just working fine except the subtitle option. I got the srt file in the same folder as my movie file. What am I doing wrong?

Ronner

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think its propably a stupid question, but I'm using mp 1.1 having the problem not seeing the subtitle option in tvseries and movingpictures as well. I use the newest SAF version and everything ist just working fine except the subtitle option. I got the srt file in the same folder as my movie file. What am I doing wrong?

I used FFDShow Tryouts subtitle option and that was the reason why I didn't have the subtitle options in MP anymore. I switched over to the cpp2005's binaries and now everything works exactly how I want it. I'm not sure if these binaries can also be used with mp 1.1 though, but for 1.0.2 they work excellent. Haven't looked at SAF yet.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
For 1.1.0 subtitle support is fully included in MP. No need to use alernative binaries, ffdshow subtitles or any type of hack.

If you install SAF, at one point it asks you if it should install subtitle support, mentioning that you do NOT need this if using MP 1.1.0. Did you by any chance miss this ? Not sure it could provoke this issue, but worth checking. In case of doubt: remove and reinstall SAF.

Second thing to check, go into MP Configuration. Click on Videos in the menu (not a submenu but Videos root menu). On the right-hand side, click on the Subtitle tab. Make sure that in "Engine" you have "MPC-HC" selected instead of other options or Disabled.

vect

Portal Member
January 5, 2010
Mainz
Home Country
Germany Germany
No, i installed it correctly and clicked "no" during the installation, so the directvobsub?? filter doesn't install. In the Subtitle tab i seleected MPC-HC. But now hoborg told me, i have to name the subtitle file like the movie file, what i didn't before. So it was just a stupid mistake of mine and i will check this after work and hopefully it will work.

But thanks for your quick replies.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Ah yes, the subtitle file needs to have the exact same name, or can have an additional language code in it.
An example :

My.Super.Cool.Movie.[2009].avi
My.Super.Cool.Movie.[2009].srt
My.Super.Cool.Movie.[2009].English.srt
My.Super.Cool.Movie.[2009].French.srt

Ronner

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
For 1.1.0 subtitle support is fully included in MP. No need to use alernative binaries, ffdshow subtitles or any type of hack.

aah, MPC-HC as subtitle engine is included in mp 1.1.0?

If so, need final! :p

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I don't want to say I told you so....but as I said, nothing to do with TVSeries :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom