F9 menu - no subtitle option (2 Viewers)

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Being on mp 1.0.2 and using TVSeries (stable, not sure what exact version) + srt files, I can tell you the F9 approach (or "i" button on remote) works to use the dialog screen to select the correct srt file (when using several languages) or disable/enable the subtitle.

Ronner

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Being on mp 1.0.2 and using TVSeries (stable, not sure what exact version) + srt files, I can tell you the F9 approach (or "i" button on remote) works to use the dialog screen to select the correct srt file (when using several languages) or disable/enable the subtitle.

Being on mp 1.0.2 and using TVSeries (stable, and sure of version 2.3.3589) + srt files, I can tell you the F9 approach (or whatever button you have it mapped on on your remote) works to use the dialog screen but does not work to select any subtitle or disable/enable the subtitle.

See what I did there? Stating that it does work for you doesn't change much. I'm using ffdshow for subtitles since the build in sub-engine had all kinds of different (unwanted) ways of dealing with subs and perhaps the combi of ffdshow and srt's with mptvseries is what throws it off.

Well I should say I was using ffdshow since I've turned to use the cpp2005's binaries and those work like a charm. (thx furetto for pointing these out to me :) )

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
One would think that you two coming from the same country, you would understand eachother :p
But you need a flemmish guy to help you out :D

Ronner

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
One would think that you two coming from the same country, you would understand eachother :p
But you need a flemmish guy to help you out :D

his flag says NL but his location says belgium, so I'm not so sure we are from the same country ;-)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Heres the thing.....this should have nothing to do with TVSeries! We simply tell MP to play file X, once you're in fullscreen Video Mode TVSeries has no control over anything.

So unless it works when playing the exact same file via MyVideos but not when launched via TVSeries, this is a codec issue or something. But has nothing to do with TVSeries.

Ronner

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Heres the thing.....this should have nothing to do with TVSeries! We simply tell MP to play file X, once you're in fullscreen Video Mode TVSeries has no control over anything.

So unless it works when playing the exact same file via MyVideos but not when launched via TVSeries, this is a codec issue or something. But has nothing to do with TVSeries.

my set up is quite simple:

mediaportal 1.0.2
    moving pictures 0.7.5
    mp-tvseries v2.3.3589
    ffdshow tryouts

I usually only have 720p and 1080p material in mkv containers. Some with subs in the container itself, some with subs as srt files. In moving pictures it doesn't matter wether it's in the mkv container itself or as a seperate srt file, it simply works to disable/enable them in any which way I want (pressing "L" or via F9 menu or via "Y" OSD etc), however in mp-tvseries that's not the case. Same kinda files but not the same result, so what you are saying doesn't seem to be so. All go through ffdshow and on both ends it's an mkv file with included or seperate (srt) subs.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Are you playing the same files through moving pictures and tvseries? Have you tried playing them through myVideos?

Same "kinda" files is not enough. I'm suspecting some filenaming difference that causes one subtitle to be recognized and the other not.

I can assure you that all File playing, including subtitle handling is done by the MP's internal player (unless of course u use an external player). We don't tell the player "hey heres a srt file to go along with that video", and I really really doubt moving pictures is doing so.

Ronner

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Are you playing the same files through moving pictures and tvseries? Have you tried playing them through myVideos?

Same "kinda" files is not enough. I'm suspecting some filenaming difference that causes one subtitle to be recognized and the other not.

I can assure you that all File playing, including subtitle handling is done by the MP's internal player (unless of course u use an external player). We don't tell the player "hey heres a srt file to go along with that video", and I really really doubt moving pictures is doing so.

Yup, exact same files. In moving pictures they work flawless with both embedded and separate srt subtitles, in tvseries they don't. 100% exactly the same files. Moved them on disk to movies/tvseries folders so there is no difference in filenaming or anything. I do not use an external player and I never use myVideo's because I don't like the interface at all.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I just looked at the moving pictures code that handles playing, and as far as I can tell its doing the exact same thing tvseries is, that is simply hand off the file to the MP internal player. So what youre saying really surprises me. It's fine that you dont use myVideos, but it would help if you could try it.

Can somebody confirm that the EXACT same file/subtitle pair works in moving pictures but not mytvseries using the internal player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom