F9 menu - no subtitle option (1 Viewer)

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
OK, progress!
The utterly retarded thing is that I went to MP config>Videos>Subtitle tab and "show subtitles" was unchecked! Then why was it showing subs in Moving Pictures and My Anime? Clearly there's some overlap where SAF/DirectVobSub leaves off and integrated support takes over, ugh.

Now, the bizzare problem is that if I try to play a TV show episode, it will give me codec errors and not play, unless I download a subtitle for it. Then it plays fine. Any ideas?

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Which subtitles engine did you use ? All runs fine here with MPC-HC engine.
Did you buy any chance use any different way to load subtitles ? FFDSHOW ?

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
Ok! Turns out someone had suggested I manually add DirectVobSub to the Vidoes Post Processing Tab. With that gone, I can now play videos without subs or with subs. Now, my only problem is that the subs are loading by default, and I'd like them not to load by default, but only by selecting through F9/i button. How do I do this?

SAF latest, MP 1.0.2, StreamedMP

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Not totally sure how it is in 1.0.2 but in 1.1.0 in Videos > Subtitles you have the option "Automagically turn on subs". Maybe you need to go into Advanced Mode to see this option. 1.0.2 has been a while for me.

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
eh, no option for that in 1.0.2

Installed DirectVobSub 2.39 to fix. Turned subs off
in ffdshow>video>subtitles to avoid double subs. Now the subtitle menu is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom