Fail to correctly record 2 channels on same tuner (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again melstig

I missed Technotrend off the list :sorry:
    One of the other team members has/had Technotrend TT 3200 - S2 tuner, and he reported that it worked with a Dilog Conax CAM. Please note that apparently support for decrypting multiple channels depends on the CAM as well as the hardware. A rather complicated situation...

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi again mm1352000,
    this is rather complicated, I agree.

I am using a Red VIACCESSS CAM P/N 904240 Rev 1.0 and that worked with the old DE FloppyDTV-T-tuner. I have also tried a Dilog Viaccess CAM with 99025 printed on the front with the same bad result. I think there are newer Dilog CAMs out now so perhaps I could try to borrow one in the store.

I cannot open the CI Menu in the CAM from TVServer or MP by the way, nothing happens. Do not know though if it is relevant.

I have contacted the TerraTec Support team regarding the ability to decode multiple channels, hopefully I get an a response soon.

br
    melstig

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

The wiki is correct about one thing - the CI menu is not yet supported for Twinhan cards. Although your card is a Terratec, TV Server actually detects it as a Twinhan card.

The main limitation of what can be supported with particular tuners is the driver. I have just received a copy of the Twinhan driver interface. There are a lot of extensions to the CI support that could be made. Possibly CI menus, although I'm not sure. Possibly also multiple decryption! I don't know if it would work for all cards, but maybe it is worth a shot. I don't have a Twinhan card myself, so I would need your help if I was to try and add support for these features. This could take hours of testing over several months. What do you think...

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello,
    I can help with the testing. I have already put in so much money and effort in my MP-systems over the years so there is no turning back :)
    Just let me know what to do.

Thank you very much mm1352000 that you do this work, and of course to the whole Team!

br
    melstig

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, give me a couple of hours and I'll throw you something that I hope will allow decrypting multiple channels at once (since that is probably what you're most interested in ;) )...

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Wow, that was much faster than I expected, great news!

Today is my birthday so that would be the best present anyone could give me :)

melstig

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

I apologise for the delay - it took slightly longer that I thought it would to do what I wanted to do as a first step. I have no idea whether this will work, but let's give it a shot.

Before we jump in, I warn you not to get your hopes up to high. There is a high chance of failure, especially on this first test. Okay, without any further ado... :)

------------------
    Instructions
    ------------------
    1. Stop TV Server.
    2. Take a backup of the TVLibrary.dll in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the attached TVLibrary.dll into your TV Server install folder (for anyone else that is watching, this DLL is *only* suitable for MediaPortal 1.1.2).
    4. Clear your TV Server logs.
    5. Start TV Server.
    6. Attempt to tune to an FTA channel with the H7.
    7. If (6) works, attempt to tune to a scrambled channel (preferably TV3) with the H7.
    8. If (7) works (we'll be doing *really* well if it does!), start a manual recording on TV3.
    9. If (8) works, wait for about 1 minute then change channel to Kanal 5.
    10. Do the previously discussed checks to see if the recording is continuing.
    11. Take a copy of your TV Server logs and post them here.
    12. If the recording is continuing (don't get your hopes up!), try doing some general experimentation with other channels on the same transponder (2+ channels decrypting, other FTA channels recording etc.) to see what can be done.

At the first failure, post your logs here. If you get to step 11 and 12 post two sets of logs here (one contains your experimentation - you'll need to explain what you tried).

Good luck, and thanks for testing :D

Attachments

• TVLibrary[Twinhan_improvements_1.1.2].zip
      152.8 KB

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi mm1352000,
    Yes, you better shape up :)

That dll did not work for me, I could watch FTA channels but not any scrambled channels. Tried both from MP and inside TV Server Configuration.

br
    melstig

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well at least I didn't break FTA functionality ;)
    Another DLL attached for you to try when you're able...

Attachments

• TVLibrary(v1.01)[Twinhan_improvements_1.1.2].zip
      152.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom