Fanart Handler Plugin v3.0.9.000 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just installed 4.0.1 from above after uninstalling Seb's patched 3.x.x Version and got 3 MB of error log within 5 seconds. Looks as if the database structure has changed and therefore any existing fanarthandler.db3 needs to be deleted first. After that, things seem to work as expected.

For me, this version is OK to be released officially
    I do agree. Indeed we should anyway remove the existing repo version, since it does not work with newer MePo releases. However, I am a little bit concerned that less experienced users will run into the database problem, if the new version is offered as a simple update for existing installations.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For me, this version is OK to be released officially
    I do agree.
    I don't.

I just tested 3 versions again.
    v4.0.0.41:
    This version has all the tabs visible. Importing local fanart works, but scraping fails:
    Code:
    16-Nov-2014 09:53:50  Info [     DatabaseManager]: InitialScrape is starting...
    16-Nov-2014 09:54:11 Error [             Scraper]: getImages: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 188.138.90.170:80
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
       at FanartHandler.Scraper.GetImages(String artist, Int32 iMax, DatabaseManager dbm, Boolean reportProgress, Boolean doTriggerRefresh, Boolean externalAccess)

ajs-Beta:
    This version doesn't have all the tabs visible. Importing local fanart works, but scraping fails:
    Code:
    16-Nov-2014 09:45:15 Error [             Scraper]: getImages: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 188.138.90.170:80
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
       at FanartHandler.Scraper.HtBackdropGetFanart(String artist, Int32 iMax, DatabaseManager dbm, Boolean reportProgress, Boolean doTriggerRefresh, Boolean externalAccess, Boolean doScrapeFanart)

v4.0.0.42:
    This version doesn't have all the tabs visible. Importing local fanart works, but scraping fails:
    Code:
    16-Nov-2014 09:23:32 Error [             Scraper]: getImages: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 188.138.90.170:80
       at FanartHandler.Scraper.HtBackdropGetFanart(String artist, Int32 iMax, DatabaseManager dbm, Boolean reportProgress, Boolean doTriggerRefresh, Boolean externalAccess, Boolean doScrapeFanart)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @HomeY , the error message could be due to temporary connection problems with the fanart site. However, 188.138.90.170 is a strange address. Could it be that you have leftovers from previous installs?

After being yelled at by catavolt;), I could confirm his findings. What I did was to

1. Uninstall the plugin with MPE Installer
    2. Delete fanarthandler.db3
    3. Install the fanart.4.0.41.mpe1

No problems. See log.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    This version doesn't have all the tabs visible.
    In this version, changed the configurator window. Tabs less, but set the same. Only choice is using drop-down lists. See the screenshot in the post.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...plugin-v3-0-9-000.107478/page-20#post-1110071

failed because connected host has failed to respond 188.138.90.170
    Wrong DNS settings, or dead proxy server:
    Code:
    D:\>nslookup 188.138.90.170
    Name:    zulu290.server4you.de
    Address:  188.138.90.170
    [DOUBLEPOST=1416134601][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Looks as if the database structure has changed and therefore any existing fanarthandler.db3 needs to be deleted first.
    Yes, the structure changed in the third version of the plugin has a mechanism to update the database, but in the 1st or 2nd version is no mechanism downgrade the database.

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    @ajs, I compiled with your changes, and created an installer. However, I did not have time to test it.
    I'll just put it here...

Attachments

• FanartHandler-4.0.0.46.MPE1
      4.1 MB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. Uninstall the plugin with MPE Installer
    2. Delete fanarthandler.db3
    3. Install the fanart.4.0.41.mpe1
    I tested it 3 times, and also a few days ago. Keeps throwing the .NET socket errors.
    But i haven't touched my DNS settings in years and i don't use a proxy server, so no clue what it is.
    But old version is working fine for me.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The .Net error is a consequence of the weird IP address. A working old FH version in connection with a new MediaPortal is even more peculiar. Regarding the former, maybe you can investigate with some tools if this is the real IP or if something else is changing it?

@yoavain , I assume the source code is addressing 'speaking' web addresses, not IP numbers, right? Then HomeY may check his address resolution on his system manually.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I just read something on google project that should be done also on decompiled version because based on it (3.1) :

This version will (if you have version < 3.0.0.0);
    1. Move all your scraped images from "\Skin FanArt\Scraper\music" to "\Skin FanArt\Backup304".
    2. Rename your existing fanarthandler.db3 database to _old and then copy a new database.

On first run a full fanart scrape will be initiated.

Changelog;
    * Fixed flickering bug in myVideos (thanks Tgx & cabala)

It will not fix the scraping for HomeY but can help when migrate version :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh boy... you guys in for a laugh?!? :p

I modified my hostfile because htbackdrops was down for a while a long time ago, and redirected it to the backup site.
    Code:
    188.138.90.170       htbackdrops.org
    Never thought about that anymore!!!
    Just removed the line from host file and version .46 seems to scrape fanart fine now. (y)

Feel really old now...
    Do i really need to start writing down all this #$)(#@)(?? :cautious:

:ROFLMAO::LOL::notworthy:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom