Fanart Handler Plugin v4.0.X.000 (4 Viewers)

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
Unfortunately it is difficult because can not accurately determine the name of the actor, the album title. Because directory structure at all different. Until I find a single and simple algorithm to determine the actor and the album from the directory structure, I will not do it.
Maybe a RegEx (specified by the user) could be used for this as in TVSeries.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Maybe a RegEx (specified by the user) could be used for this as in TVSeries.
    Organize files may be different, so it requires a set of regular expressions editor, parser, approver, etc. etc. As for me, easier, user who need it, rename the picture and put it in the folder. Simple and effective.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just to clarify, I don't mean that FanArtHandler should do any scraping here, just prioritize displaying fanart.jpg when a music album has one stored locally. It would really be up to the user to copy the correct fanart to the folder. If not, the artist fanart would be displayed. I don't see how FanArtHandler would figure out the ideal backdrop for each album, it would be random at best.

Emph

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Just to clarify, I don't mean that FanArtHandler should do any scraping here, just prioritize displaying fanart.jpg when a music album has one stored locally.
    It's about playing file does not know anything, I'll see you can fix it or not. While there is the possibility to rename the file in the name: the actor-album (number) and when the file gets into the database and it will show it.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Organize files may be different, so it requires a set of regular expressions editor, parser, approver, etc. etc. As for me, easier, user who need it, rename the picture and put it in the folder. Simple and effective.
    That's why I wrote "specified by the user"...

I also think that it would be better if locally (I mean in the artist/album folder) available fanart should be prioritized (and it should not be saved twice). Why does this work for films but not for music?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Why does this work for films but not for music?
    For movies, its own folder with its own rules. For music, its own folder with its own rules.

I also think that it would be better if locally (I mean in the artist/album folder)
    They are locally, ie If the plugin finds a file named bjork-medulla (1).jpg or bjork-medulla (2).jpg or bjork-medulla (3).jpg it will show when it will play Bjork album called Medulla. If not find, will show the image for the artist.

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    They are locally,
    I know that the scraped files are stored locally. I meant these files the user added to the artist or album folder (as @emphatic wrote).
    ie If the plugin finds a file named bjork-medulla (1).jpg or bjork-medulla (2).jpg or bjork-medulla (3).jpg it will show when it will play Bjork album called Medulla. If not find, will show the image for the artist.
    Do you mean if I had these files in a folder like 'D:\Music\Bjork\Medulla' they would be found by the plugin? That would be fine for me...
    If then the plugin would look into the Bjork-folder if there ain't files in the Medulla-folder (for bjork (1).jpg and so on) that would be even better.
    And if the plugin would not duplicate its findings into the thumbs folder it would be almost perfect... :whistle:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    FanartHandler.4.0.0.90 (Alpha) Could not test. :censored:
    + Added support for Local Albums Fanart.
    + Added folder and readme.txt (in attach) for Local Albums Fanart.
    "Skin Fanart\UserDef\albums\" - automaticaly created on start.
    * Fix parser for Artist, Album name for local files.
    :D[DOUBLEPOST=1418216869][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Do you mean if I had these files in a folder like 'D:\Music\Bjork\Medulla' they would be found by the plugin?
    No, Skin Fanart\UserDef\albums\ for Local Album Fanart, in more detail readme.txt[DOUBLEPOST=1418216959][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I meant these files the user added to the artist or album folder (as @emphatic wrote).
    I'll think about regular expressions, and viewing music folders, but no promises. :coffee: If I do not forget :D

Attachments

• readme.txt
      433 bytes
    • FanartHandler.4.0.0.90.Alpha.zip
      294.2 KB
    Last edited:

Caminante

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In readme
    "Using the names of artists and albums sign "-" is unacceptable. Replace them with a space.
    Ie for the artist In-Grid album Best of 1990-1995 file will be named: In Grid-Best of 1990 1995 (1).jpg"
    but you mean
    "Using the names of artists and albums sign "-" is unacceptable. Replace them with a space.
    Ie for the artist In-Grid album Best of 1990-1995 file will be named: In Grid Best of 1990 1995 (1).jpg"

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom