Fanart Handler Plugin v4.0.X.000 (2 Viewers)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    if fanart not find the Name of Artist - then use ID3-Tag "genre".
    Currently this is not possible. But I'll see if I can determine where to get the genre for music and how is it possible then to use. But download images for the genre, not where. They have to download manually.
    It is necessary to write it down somewhere that I have not forgotten. :coffee:

Hi Guys,
    sorry i have to say something about this Request, the plugin design to look in music section for artist name for fanart and artist thumb ... to say if a user ID3-Tag is fix as standard way this all the plugin scrap .... sure many users use others tag for there on need ... but this will mass up others users collection.

i'm also using some of my music name as not normal way, but all the fanart and artist image (thumb) i rename them and put them manuley in the plugin folders... hey this only have to do one time... not so hard work ;)

what im saying even if requests like the above , need to make sure it's not mass up for normal id3 tag :p

for example if you make the plugin look in genre.... i'm sure it will not look good in MP/Music/Genres View... as size of a fanart and genres image are not same music genre image is 4:3 by default... that means if you scrap fanart 720p or 1080p they will not view correct in music genre view...

just something to think about ...;)

ajs thanks for all the work, you rock (y)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I will remember you!
    Try this:
    FanartHandler 4.0.0.80 (Alpha):

+ When the music plays, and there is no fanart for the artist, the plugin tries to find fanart for the genre, and then tries to find random. At least I think so. :D

When will work fine, and all the users want. Then and leave. If not, it'll do, this is something afterwards. Fanart must be loaded manually. The file name should be, Genre (any numbers).jpg. :coffee:

PS: But even now you can safely see pictures of the genre, if the tag write down, not the name of the artist, and genre name, and then the plug-in will be for this pseudo-artist show the desired image (if any). :barefoot:

Attachments

• FanartHandler.4.0.0.80.Alpha.zip
      293.6 KB

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    + When the music plays, and there is no fanart for the artist, the plugin tries to find fanart for the genre, and then tries to find random. At least I think so.
    Great improvement, big Thanks for your effort!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I agree with ysmp. A 'fallback' situation is nice, but not always wanted.
    I prefer to see no fanart, so i know i need to fix it myself, instead of automatically getting 'genre' (or even random) fanart.

I love your work on this ajs, i only hope the plugin won't be loaded with new features (like above) and stays with the basic goal it was designed for: Manage fanart.
    And if you add functions like this, please make them configurable (enable/disable checkbox)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    And if you add functions like this, please make them configurable (enable/disable checkbox)
    I agree. I this behavior just is not much to like. Setting should be, but I can not edit window of the configurator. Well, the plug-in for the genre will not download anything. It will show only what is on the disk. When only the genre does not coincide with another actor. Then it will show the picture to the actor. Try it, it will be bad, I'll take. No, leave, and then try to add the setting.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @ajs Did you look into the possibility to find/use local fanart.jpg from a media folder? Like this:

Music:

The Beatles\
    Help\fanart.jpg (backdrop from Help, the movie)
    The White Album\fanart.jpg (booklet photo)

Led Zeppelin\
    Led Zeppelin I\fanart.jpg (band photo from 1969, not from 1982)
    Coda\fanart.jpg (band photo from 1982)

Soundtracks\
    Kill Bill Vol 1\fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg (movie backdrops)
    Kill Bill Vol 2\fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, fanart3.jpg (movie backdrops)

Etc.

Emph

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Did you look into the possibility to find/use local fanart.jpg from a media folder?
    If you do not remodel it will be just an additional fanart. Ie as well as rename it and put it in a folder for music fanart. Remake rapidly, the plugin does not happen. Therefore, I do not know.
    But all suggestions write to: https://code.google.com/p/mediaportal-fanart-handler/issues/list . If not me, then who else can implement.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, the plug-in for the genre will not download anything. It will show only what is on the disk.
    As a sidenote to that comment: Can you explain how the NowPlaying scrape works? What does the actual scraping? Is that FH itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom