FanArt now avalible for My Videos and My Music ! (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm sure the devs for MovingPictures and TV-Series would like to keep it a unique feature of their plug-ins, they have worked very hard to get it working as smoothly as it does.

I am not quite sure about that... I know the dev for Moving Pictures (fforde) is happy to share any ideas/code with the MP dev's, even the system for matching, scanning & the GUI from the imdb scanner, he said he would give to the MP dev's if they asked.

Yeah I am happy to share any code in Moving Pictures with MediaPortal itself (or any other plug-ins). Some things would be more difficult to integrate, but others are designed with the specific purpose of sharing code with other projects. The fan-art logic for example is totally independent of Moving Pictures (and the same code is actually used by TV-Series as well). It would probably not be very difficult for the MediaPortal devs to incorporate this into MediaPortal itself. Someone send me a PM or contact me on IRC and we can talk.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Yeah I am happy to share any code in Moving Pictures with MediaPortal itself (or any other plug-ins). Some things would be more difficult to integrate, but others are designed with the specific purpose of sharing code with other projects. The fan-art logic for example is totally independent of Moving Pictures (and the same code is actually used by TV-Series as well). It would probably not be very difficult for the MediaPortal devs to incorporate this into MediaPortal itself. Someone send me a PM or contact me on IRC and we can talk.

Thanks for the reply on the thread fforde.

We appreciate all your efforts with Moving Pictures... Now, either we wait for the shares/sorting and just never use the MyMovies feature :D

Either that, or the Dev's might take some of your parts from Moving Pictures, ie. Fanart, IMDB scanning logic & GUI from your IMDB system.

Ahhh, I think its just better to wait for your plugin to get the shares & sorting! ;)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...Yeah I am happy to share any code in Moving Pictures with MediaPortal itself (or any other plug-ins). Some things would be more difficult to integrate, but others are designed with the specific purpose of sharing code with other projects. The fan-art logic for example is totally independent of Moving Pictures (and the same code is actually used by TV-Series as well). It would probably not be very difficult for the MediaPortal devs to incorporate this into MediaPortal itself. Someone send me a PM or contact me on IRC and we can talk.

I'm with Spaldo - let's hope someone takes you up on this..

Dave

nexvox

Portal Member
    February 7, 2009
    Great Mirk

everything is OK with this trick!!!

the only thing doesn't work is the image fade-out at the sides of the image

my code is:

<control>
    <description>fanart</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>1000</id>
    <posX>0</posX>
    <posY>0</posY>
    <width>1500</width>
    <height>924</height>
    <colordiffuse>66ffffff</colordiffuse>
    <texture>\FanArt\Video\#title.png</texture>
    <animation effect="fade" time="400">WindowClose</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
    </control>

what's wrong???

:D

stormbringer

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2004
    Has someone got it working with Mediastream skin?
    I couldn´t get the Movies working. Would be fine if someone will be so kind to attach a working file.

Storm

olafett

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Has someone got it working with Mediastream skin?
    I couldn´t get the Movies working. Would be fine if someone will be so kind to attach a working file.

Storm

You could get it working but the fanart is applied as a transparent image onto the backdrop used by MediaStream. It does not look good. What you could do is replacing the music backdrop with a completely black image causing the fanart to be rendered on a black background. As for the configuration itself, just place the code near the end of the files you want it in.

EDIT: If using Mediastream, I would recommend using Moving Pcitures instead of my movies as it already contains fanart support and a lot of other improvements.

guillahume

Portal Member
    March 29, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    I finally got it working for monochrome

can you tell us how plz?

There you go

common.window.music.xml

)

the file common.window.music.xml does not exist

did u wanted to mean common.facade.music.xml ??

i try to put the code into and it doesnt work :(

I edited mymusicplayingnow , and , it works only when you select playing now

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    no I did not. I mixed things up sorry.
    aMPed has a common.window.music.xml but that's just aMPed. No other skins out there have that file.

common.facade.music.xml is not really the right place. I would try mymusicsongs.xml for music fanart (and also consequently musicgenres.xml or something to that extend), for video; myvideo.xml, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom