FanArt now avalible for My Videos and My Music ! (1 Viewer)

Markam

Portal Member
May 9, 2008
Haarlem
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
yeah that's ridiculous, I only have 1 GB of RAM in my system and it stuttered like hell with the fan art on..

Is using MyTVseries the fanart backgrounds the same way? becouse I still experience stuttering sometimes now I've turned fanart off in video's. And I not, how does it work there?

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    yeah that's ridiculous, I only have 1 GB of RAM in my system and it stuttered like hell with the fan art on..

Is using MyTVseries the fanart backgrounds the same way? becouse I still experience stuttering sometimes now I've turned fanart off in video's. And I not, how does it work there?

Apparently TVSeries uses a different method of loading the backgrounds/fanart. I am not sure which method...

I am not sure if you are using Vista or XP, but, in Vista my system uses about 950 megs of RAM before even loading Media Portal!

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Just wondering if anyone knows if the Portal devs are doing any work on this ?

I would suggest that this has great potential and a few things need to be looked at...

1) how the image is loaded into memory, instead of them being retained in memory (getting 1-2 gigs worth of extra RAM being used) that they only be loaded/unloaded as they are used...

2) That multiple file types ie both jpg & png can be used

3) That multiple images can be used and are randomly selected. Ie. King Kong-1.jpg King Kong-2.png

4) That both the title name and the imdb reference can be used as the file title. That way, you can either download them via packs on other sites or you can use your own source / moving pictures

I have created this Improvement suggestion here :

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/improvement-suggestions-46/movie-music-fanart-53665/

Markam

Portal Member
    May 9, 2008
    Haarlem
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using xp, it's running on an older pc (p4 2,6Ghz) so 1gb Ram is ok, though I could use 1 more (it's DDR2, so more expensive then 3, atleast here in holland it is)

about your questions: the way you are using fanart right now, you can get png as wel as jpg. Just double the code
    <control>
    blablablablbabla
    <texture>d:\movies\#title\backdrop.jpg</texture>
    </control>

and

<control>
    blablablablbabla
    <texture>d:\movies\#title\backdrop.png</texture>
    </control>

same with title and imdb tag I think.

Is moving pictures using backgrounds the same way as tv series? can't we use that code?
    Maybe I'll try today, keep you posted

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I knew you could use .jpg too but I don't know if you'll be able to use the code used in MovingPictures or TVSeries (I haven't really looked at it though) because I would have thought that was plugin/dll specific, but I'm interested to know how you get on. Good luck with it!

Markam

Portal Member
    May 9, 2008
    Haarlem
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank, I'm gonna try and hope I can find out, I have no programming skills (I'm a fysicaltherapist), so I hope I can do it...

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The way MovingPictures and TV-Series buffers fanart is specific to those plugins, as the dev for TV-Series is also helping on MovingPictures. MP in general doesn't use that code because it wasn't initially designed to handle fanart. This is a feature that has grown into high demand just in the last year. So MyMusic and MyVideo doesn't automatically handle fanart... it is a hack to get it to work at all.

Personally, I like the feature. I'm sure the devs for MovingPictures and TV-Series would like to keep it a unique feature of their plug-ins, they have worked very hard to get it working as smoothly as it does.

It would be great if the MP devs could integrate a similar code to support fanart into MP1, but maybe that is something for MP2.

Chuck

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm sure the devs for MovingPictures and TV-Series would like to keep it a unique feature of their plug-ins, they have worked very hard to get it working as smoothly as it does.

I am not quite sure about that... I know the dev for Moving Pictures (fforde) is happy to share any ideas/code with the MP dev's, even the system for matching, scanning & the GUI from the imdb scanner, he said he would give to the MP dev's if they asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom