FanArt now avalible for My Videos and My Music ! (1 Viewer)

Clipsey

Portal Member
December 8, 2008
hey thanks for helping :)
Hmm well that took away the ability to kind of see, however I did just notice that when I switch views (from say artist to now playing) the image popped up between transitioning screens - so its there but probably in the background?

olafett

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
hey thanks for helping :)
Hmm well that took away the ability to kind of see, however I did just notice that when I switch views (from say artist to now playing) the image popped up between transitioning screens - so its there but probably in the background?

That would be the fan art being displayed behind the hover_my music, try placing the code after the control containing:
Code:
    <control>
      <description>music overlay image</description>
      <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="250">WindowClose</animation>
      <type>image</type>
      <id>0</id>
      <posX>0</posX>
      <posY>0</posY>
      <width>1280</width>
      <height>720</height>
      <texture>mainoverlay.png</texture>
    </control>

Or saying something about overlay, to have the image visible at all, the code has to be placed after the hover_***** control. If not the fanart will end up behind the backdrop.

You might have noticed that I changed the width and height in the control. I did this because StreamedMP has some weird kind of way to read these files. Having it set at 1920x1080 made the image far to big and only a small part of it was visible. changing this to 1280x720 fixed the issue. Please notice that I am running 1920x1200. I guess this has something to do with StreamedMP being ported from XBMC which is designed for XBOX with a native resolution at 720p.

Clipsey

Portal Member
December 8, 2008
Thanks for that.
Been slowly tweaking with it and nearly got it working all ok.
Now I'm up to the point where the original Streamed Music Backdrop is at the very back then my 'fanart' on top of that but they are kind of blended/faded together. Actually looks kinda cool.
Have noticed some people replace the background to a black picture, but can you not do it where once on that artist it goes to the fanart and then reverts back to the streamed pic once off the artist?
Confusing or what :D

Markam

Portal Member
May 9, 2008
Haarlem
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I finally got it working for monochrome, the movies backdrop/fan art that is.

I'm viewing in list view and it would be nice though is the list and the info panel would be a little transparent, does anyone know how to do that?

I'm also having a backdrop.jpg in all of my movie folders on a different hdd, is there a way to show these? for example:
<texture>d:\movies\#title\backdrop.jpg</texture> or
<texture>d:\movies\#selecteditem\backdrop.jpg</texture> (I had to use #selecteditem for it in order to work...)

[edit]Ok I actually tried this, the last question that is... But I didn't expect it to work, but it does! Although I think not all backdrops are displayed...
Now I just want to know how to make the fields transparent!

[edit2] ok this piece of code is responsible for the imdb info background
<control>
<type>image</type>
<description>image</description>
<id>1</id>
<posX>634</posX>
<posY>78</posY>
<width>719</width>
<height>530</height>
<texture>video_imdb_background.png</texture>
<visible>!facadeview.filmstrip</visible>
</control>
I can make it completely invisible, but then it is not possible to read the info (with some backgrounds) so what are the transparent tags?

I'm doing this trial and error btw, because I have no knowledge of XML...

[edit3]Ok called someone who does understand xml and he told me this isn't possible. So I changed the png's them selves.

-video_imdb_background.png
-list_sub_imdb_nofocus.png
-list_sub_imdb_focus.png

These are the ones you've got to change. I didn't touch te last one, because I wanted a clear view of the movie I selected. I changed the opacity of the other two to 75%, and now it looks like this:
GroteFoto-XSJSUAIB.jpg

GroteFoto-VJ8KG3TB.jpg

GroteFoto-FMUCFHRS.jpg

As for now the only mystery that remains for me is why some backgrounds are displayed and why some arent...

[edit4]I'm so stupid, they aren't displayed because the name wasn't right. Example: 3:10 to yuma is the database title but the folder title was 3.10 to yuma....

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi there

Great to find out that fanart can be used for MyVideos & MyMusic! :)

EDIT: "Fixed" this - Deleted the Cache (again) and it's all good now :) I've got it working and will include it in the next release of the Bleazle skin the only problem is that the Fanart isn't being displayed correctly :(

How would I go about using an image to "diffuse" the fanart rather than a colour? I take it one problem with doing this would be that if there was no fanart being displayed the regular background would also be overlaid with this image?

Any advice is appreciated! :)

Thanks

Dave

PS. @ mirk - IMO I think it would be good if the code on the first post of this thread was updated to include the ".\" required by MP 1 :)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How would I go about using an image to "diffuse" the fanart rather than a colour? I take it one problem with doing this would be that if there was no fanart being displayed the regular background would also be overlaid with this image?

Just add a conditional visibility to the overlay image, so that when the fan art is displayed, so is the overlay.

something like - say - if your fanart ID is 1000 then it would be

<visibility>control.hasthumb(1000)</visibility>

make sure your overlay image follows the fanart in the xml, so it will display on top.

regards,

Chuck

PS. Is there a chance you will be making a 4x3 version of Bleazle-skin?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Just add a conditional visibility to the overlay image, so that when the fan art is displayed, so is the overlay.

something like - say - if your fanart ID is 1000 then it would be

<visibility>control.hasthumb(1000)</visibility> make sure your overlay image follows the fanart in the xml, so it will display on top....

Thanks for that. I've decided to make fanart in MyVideos and MyMusic an option in the next release of the Bleazle skin because I've found it to be a real RAM killer on my system :( (I have 1gb of RAM)

.. Is there a chance you will be making a 4x3 version of Bleazle-skin?

Sorry, no - the current version (5a) is based on Blue3 and I'm in the process of changing it over to a Blue3Wide base (to enable easier plugin support) and it's taking up way too much of my time - I don't really want to try to support two versions of the skin - one keeps me busy enough! :(

Dave

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Thanks for that. I've decided to make fanart in MyVideos and MyMusic an option in the next release of the Bleazle skin because I've found it to be a real RAM killer on my system :( (I have 1gb of RAM)

Has anyone else found this an issue ? With RAM being killed by this feature ?

Just have a look here (Meedio Forum), much more than 800 movies Fan art in full HD resolution

In this page there is the following pack:

700 Movies fanart images (19620x1080) uploaded to the MELIGROVE

However, there is no link for this pack... Does anyone know of a link for this one ?

Markam

Portal Member
    May 9, 2008
    Haarlem
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yes I have the RAM issue too, also have 1 GB of RAM. I experienced stuttering playback when I used the setup as I showed above. I now have the Titanium v0.5 video screen implemented in Monochrome. I use list view and I really like the big dvd cover in the center..
    GroteFoto-ELOO6OFR.jpg

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Well, I just went through and renamed all the PNG files and put them into my FanArt directory.

After that, it worked, so I loaded up the Windows Task Manager and then viewed all 300 of my movies/fanarts in Bleazle skin (using the MyVideos Fanart method mentioned in this thread)

Here is the result!

PS. Base is about 980 megs of ram (1 gig) and I would estimate the total was about 2.5 gigs

Attachments

• Movie-Fanart-Mem&CPU.jpg
      Movie-Fanart-Mem&CPU.jpg
      176.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom