FanArt now avalible for My Videos and My Music ! (1 Viewer)

skulkiller

January 21, 2008
Eindhoven
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi i think i am realy gonna like al of your work.
But could someone repost the Fan Art packs as it seems that i cant download them ?

justerini

Portal Member
July 19, 2008
Hi great to see that fanart works, can it be used with my films?? and wich exactly skins works with this feature??
thanks for this job!!!!

TechnoBuddhi

Portal Member
September 15, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've had a play around for a while and nothing doing in Aeon Wide. Anybody got this working in Aeon yet?

[EDIT]
OK more playing around and I've got it working!!

The trick is to make sure you place it in the correct place in the myVideoTitle.xml file. Place the code just below ' <import>common.window.video.xml</import>' as seen below.

I've also changed my path so that it uses the standard 'movies' folder. That way I don't need to keep separate folders for 'movies' and one for 'fanart'.

Note also that only jpg and png filetypes are supported, tif and tiff give a black screen!so use #title.png or #title.jpg.

CAVEAT - The png and jpg files should be renamed to match exactly the 'Title' in the database and has nothing to do with the filename(as I stupidly thought!)

Code:
    <import>common.window.video.xml</import>
                         <control>
      				<description>fanart</description>
      				<type>image</type>
      				<id>1000</id>
      				<posX>0</posX>
      				<posY>0</posY>
      				<width>1920</width>
      				<height>1080</height>
      				<colordiffuse>ffffff</colordiffuse>
      				<texture>\Animations\movies\#title.png</texture>
      				<animation effect="fade" time="400">WindowClose</animation>
      				<animation effect="fade" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
    			</control>
    <import>common.time.xml</import>

So now it's time to find and rename the fanart! :rolleyes: the things we go through to strive for perfection!!
[/EDIT]

:D

[EDIT 2]
The fanart I have is 1920x1080 and I noticed that it was being enlarged and therefore being cropped(just like the pic had been zoomed in), so I deleted the <width> and <height> attributes and they are being shown correctly, full size, no zoom, no crop.

You may need to do this or play around depending on your fanart.
[/EDIT 2]

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Can this be done on any skins now or is it something thats likely to be included in RC3 or 2.0??

rpm

Portal Pro
November 21, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
I'm trying in XFace and works great so far....tested in Music section, now going to the videos section...

Thanks for this tweek, it's great !

EDIT:

Anybody knows how to display fanart for the current selected item? not the one currently playing...

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom